Glock Firearms banner

101 - 120 of 158 Posts

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,292 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thanks Buddie! I`m going to check this out for sure!!! ;)

I downloaded the PDF file, but i didnt see where it stated how much the memberships were. Is there a place i can find this out?
http://www.gssfonline.com/pdf/forms/Join_renew.pdf

If you want a pistol purchase coupon your first year of membership you need to purchase a minimum of a 2yr membership. Otherwise you will not receive a coupon until you renew after the 1st year.

GSSF is understaffed so be patient waiting to receive your membership after sending in.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I recon you were lucky to find one. Bad bad times right now.
been wanting this G21, since i first rented out a Gen5 back before the panic sales.

just did not have the money back then, and i did not want to over extend my credit card, so i declined.....later, all heck broke loose, and none to be found.

then i was told, that Glock was making more 9mm's to keep up with that demand first. all other models(calibers) later

this one was built December 16, 2020, when i contacted Glock, shipped to the LGS and arrived on the 28th, and i bought it on Jan 6th. still gotta wait 7 to now maybe 10 days for the background checks, Police dept is running behind again.

i like the finger grooves in the Gen 4's. and that stimulus check went right to work!!!!!

·
Registered
667 Posts
http://www.gssfonline.com/pdf/forms/Join_renew.pdf

If you want a pistol purchase coupon your first year of membership you need to purchase a minimum of a 2yr membership. Otherwise you will not receive a coupon until you renew after the 1st year.

GSSF is understaffed so be patient waiting to receive your membership after sending in.
at my age, instead of a lifetime membership, if i only go for the 5 year plan, do i get that coupon every year for the five years?

(i'd think so, but you only spoke of the 2 year plan)

·
Gunslinger
9,757 Posts
been wanting this G21, since i first rented out a Gen5 back before the panic sales.

just did not have the money back then, and i did not want to over extend my credit card, so i declined.....later, all heck broke loose, and none to be found.

then i was told, that Glock was making more 9mm's to keep up with that demand first. all other models(calibers) later

this one was built December 16, 2020, when i contacted Glock, shipped to the LGS and arrived on the 28th, and i bought it on Jan 6th. still gotta wait 7 to now maybe 10 days for the background checks, Police dept is running behind again.

i like the finger grooves in the Gen 4's. and that stimulus check went right to work!!!!!

I am glad you were able to get what you had been wanting. Anyway, it's only money.
You can't eat money and you can't shoot it. Were you able to get some ammo for it or perhaps already had some?

·
Registered
667 Posts
I am glad you were able to get what you had been wanting. Anyway, it's only money.
You can't eat money and you can't shoot it. Were you able to get some ammo for it or perhaps already had some?
i have a stash of 9 and .45 ACP.. when i started this sport/hobby back in January of 2020, i was unaware (like everyone else) of a looming pandemic, and shortages, of toilet paper.

so, when a 1,000 rds of 9mm was going for like $165 to &179, i bought like 3,000 rds, and there was NO LIMITS to what i could buy, except my wallet and credit cards.

when .45 ACP was going for like $179 to $199 for 1,000 rds, i bought 3,000 rds.

the bait and tackle store that i got this G21 from?

since 1973 ( i was wrong when i said 1993), have been reloading all types of ammo

so now, .45 ACP, can be had for $20 for 50 rds, if i return the spent casings for a $2.00 deposit..

otherwise, 50 rds is going for $22.00

9 mm is going for $18.00 for 50 rds, with exchange spent casings. otherwise, $20.00

so i'm basically "well off" with ammo.........but i still meagerly shoot it....

gonna wanna start reloading myself, hopefully come spring time, might get the Dillon Square Deal B, and dies for 9, .45ACP, 357, .38 special....no rifle, all handguns.

·
Gunslinger
9,757 Posts
i have a stash of 9 and .45 ACP.. when i started this sport/hobby back in January of 2020, i was unaware (like everyone else) of a looming pandemic, and shortages, of toilet paper.

so, when a 1,000 rds of 9mm was going for like $165 to &179, i bought like 3,000 rds, and there was NO LIMITS to what i could buy, except my wallet and credit cards.

since 1973 ( i was wrong when i said 1993), have been reloading all types of ammo

so now, .45 ACP, can be had for $20 for 50 rds, if i return the spent casings for a $2.00 deposit..

9 mm is going for $18.00 for 50 rds, with exchange spent casings. otherwise, $20.00

gonna wanna start reloading myself, hopefully come spring time, might get the Dillon Square Deal B, and dies for 9, .45ACP, 357, .38 special....no rifle, all handguns.
Sounds like you are well supplied with ammo. I have been shooting for most of my adult life but I didn't start stockpiling ammo until mid 2019. I was also able to take advantage of the great prices. I didn't buy as much as you though.

·
Super Moderator
72,323 Posts
Sounds like you are well supplied with ammo. I have been shooting for most of my adult life but I didn't start stockpiling ammo until mid 1919. I was also able to take advantage of the great prices. I didn't buy as much as you though.
Dang Geezer, you’re old. Lol

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Sounds like you are well supplied with ammo. I have been shooting for most of my adult life but I didn't start stockpiling ammo until mid 1919. I was also able to take advantage of the great prices. I didn't buy as much as you though.
Damn`it GEEZER you ole coot, you got me by a couple years,
I KNEW IT!!!!! I KNEWZ YUUUUZ WAZ OOOODER than me yah ole badger!!! :p:D

Sorry buddie, i just couldn`t resist :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,372 Posts

"gonna wanna start reloading myself"

Good decision,once presses and dies, not to mention primers are in stock once again, the sooner one takes up reloading the sooner one take control of their ammunition supply.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Cheaper than dirt has 9mm in stock, $60 for a box of 50, limit 2

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/sel...full-metal-jacket-1280fps/FC-AMM-4152-50.html

Buddy, you need more than just a press and dies to reload, in addition to consumable components, primer, powder, cases and bullets. You will also need a tumbler and media to process brass, a caliper for OAL, a case gage to check rounds, and a scale to weigh powder charges. You can get all the load data from the powder makers website. Presses are available, dies are hard to come by right now. Powder is hit and miss, small primers are impossible.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/sel...full-metal-jacket-1280fps/FC-AMM-4152-50.html

Buddy, you need more than just a press and dies to reload, in addition to consumable components, primer, powder, cases and bullets. You will also need a tumbler and media to process brass, a caliper for OAL, a case gage to check rounds, and a scale to weigh powder charges. You can get all the load data from the powder makers website. Presses are available, dies are hard to come by right now. Powder is hit and miss, small primers are impossible.
He had mentioned a square deal B and last I looked Dillon was out of stock but I haven't checked Benos,to see if things are better there, however I doubt it.

Reactions: wrpNYFL and jhg

·
Registered
667 Posts

not too sure who you directed your response to but....

for me, yes, i know there are more things than just the press and dies.

i'm thinking for my older eyes, i'd want digital scale and calipers. as for cleaning, i'm on the fence about that.

i am thinking vibrating system over wet tumbling right now.

price wise, i think from my last browsing, both were somewhat equal.

and as far as digital scales and calipers goi, i want medium to higher priced ones, over lower economy ones. so i have lots of researching to do there as well.

right now as only one example, Dillon presses are available, at least the square deal B...it's just as you said,,, the dies are not available.

i ain't in no particular rush. i have to do an inventory of my spent cases, and i just did, and here is what i have now..

2350 9MM

600 large primer .45 ACP

300 small primer .45 ACP

of course i would want to reload the larger primer first, save the smaller primers for a later time. i cannot see any reason to toss out any brass.

thing is, i have LOTS of .45 ACP ammo, and it's a mix of both sized primers. i do not normally ask the primer size, when i but it.

101 - 120 of 158 Posts