Glock Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did anyone read Zimmerman Prelude to a Shooting on Yahoo news. I mean, I read that, and it made me sick. Sick of what the media can do. It made it sound like Zimmerman was a very troubled man over the years, which what I read, he had a right to be concerned about the crap going on around him. Lets see, a crazy pitt bull trying to kill him and his wife, a string of robberies in the neighborhood, a bike stolen off his own front porch of HIS house. All who were of the African American race, not to profile, but they were. So, Zimmerman was troubled, not the ones who were commiting the crimes? We all need to just lie down, and roll over and just give the criminals our stuff and our lives, because if we dont, we are all troubled 2nd degree murderers. Makes me sick. The media can all go to hell.:(

·
Registered
76 Posts
I agree the media is way overboard on there opinions of guns and violence! BUT in the Zimmerman case I have been trained to OBEY 911 responders and been trained to DEFEND myself with deadly force! With that said once he called it in and was told not to pursue he should have stayed in his vehicle! Fighting for ur life is one thing looking for a fight is another! Now he alone has the politicians looking into abolishing the stand it ground law in fla! That's not good we also have that law newly adopted in ga IF it comes under fire in fla it will soon follow suit in ga!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Honestly, I am tired of hearing about this whole mess. I have read and heard the "unedited" 911 tapes, and have come to my own conclusion. The only other thing we can really do is wait and listen to the trial for the outcome of his innocence. I have seen too many simple comments turn into a pissing match about his:

1. guilt
2. innocence
3. shoulda stayed in truck
4. was following at a distance to keep the 911 updated
5. was looking for a fight
6. was jumped as he was returning to his truck after losing sight of him
7. They told him not to follow
8. They told him following wouldn't be neccesary
9. Etc...

Let's just sit back now, relax, and follow the trial. We all know the media has and is twisting the whole thing for others' agendas. Just keep updating the main couple threads with the proceedings...

I am in no way saying we need to sit back and let them take our rights, but arguing over one instance of issue will not make the big decision. Do like the lobbyists and other idiots d to try to take away our rights - only TALK GOOD, INFORMED, TRUE STATEMENTS about how good freedom to carry is, not the "I'm gonna kill anyone who tries to rob me" stereotype they are making those with their CCW look like. Keep posting on FB those stories of where it was good someone was carrying. Get the general public used to hearing about guns, how much safer it would be if everyone could carry, show factual proof that crime has dropped after CCW was allowed. We have been 'trained' by the anti-gunners that "Guns Are Bad". Try to focus your energy on how "Guns are Great! They can save you or others' life, they are fun to use at the range, normal hunting can be fun (not the gung-ho hunters that make the average Joe Hunter look bad) and that a firearm when taught proper handling is just as safe as using that paring knife your Mom (or Dad) used in the kitchen to make your favorite meal!

Sorry for the long rant. Just take it as if we continue to talk about the M/Z case, the Media will keep it a big thing. Let it rest. Once the Media realizes that nobody is listening/reading/watching the case, they will see that it is just another law case in the courts. No need for the big show then after that!

·
Registered
479 Posts
+100 on the media sensationalism. It makes it so that it's no longer a justice system. Rather, it's a circus act. The specific case points notwithstanding, the workup in the media for the Zimmerman case is exactly like the media workup for the OJ case. Will there be any potential jury member who hasn't already seen, read or (worse) heard all the media hoopla by the time the trial gets underway with jury selection and thus, consciously or unconsciously formed a pre-disposed opinion?

This case will get tried in the media. If Zimmerman is declared not guilty in the courtroom, I'm afraid he'll get roasted when he rotates back into the world where the media hounds have been stirred into a frothing frenzy. The unfortunate part of all of this is that We (the general American public) feed the media monster, and there's nothing We (the thinking American public) can do to stave off that eventuality.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
This case will get tried in the media. If Zimmerman is declared not guilty in the courtroom, I'm afraid he'll get roasted when he rotates back into the world where the media hounds have been stirred into a frothing frenzy. The unfortunate part of all of this is that We (the general American public) feed the media monster, and there's nothing We (the thinking American public) can do to stave off that eventuality.
There is something We (the entire American public) can do. Turn off the boob tube.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Top headline in big bold letters "should Georgia take another look at the stand ur ground law! I knew the media in ga would feed on the Zimmerman case like piranha. They see a chance to lead the sheep dogs back to being sheep! Because they do not carry guns they're think if everyone should not and the world would be a safer place! I think the opposite I believe that if everyone carried it would be a safer world! There is a town in ga called kennesaw GA it is against the law to not have a firarm in there home the results are they have less than two burglaries a year and zero home invasions!

·
Registered
165 Posts
This is absolutely right and wonderful. I will be applying to grad school at Kenessaw State Unversity come Christmas. (criminal justice masters program)

In 1982 the city passed an ordinance [Sec 34-21][15]

(a) In order to provide for the emergency management of the city, and further in order to provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants, every head of household residing in the city limits is required to maintain a firearm, together with ammunition therefore.
(b)Exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony.

It has been challenged by the (civil liberties union) I believe in court and stands constitutional. Lowest crime right the city has ever had "attributed" to (if partially or wholly) to the law. I'm born and raised two hours east of this place on the Ga/Sc line and my neighborhood suffers about 6 home invasions a week on average last time I checked reported crimes back in Oct/Nov.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
With that said once he called it in and was told not to pursue he should have stayed in his vehicle!
Just to be clear, A) he was already out of his truck long before that and B) he wasn't told not to pursue. He was asked if he was following the individual. He said yes. The dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that" and he said OK. That's all on tape. Read the transcript.

Top headline in big bold letters "should Georgia take another look at the stand ur ground law!
The chances of that happening here are next to none, considering that the only liberal part of the state is Atlanta. The rest is basically all conservative. The media here, I think, knows that they're wasting their time if they put too much effort into that story. Their coverage of the Zimmerman case has basically just followed whatever was provided by their national affiliate from what I've seen.

This is absolutely right and wonderful. I will be applying to grad school at Kenessaw State Unversity come Christmas. (criminal justice masters program)

In 1982 the city passed an ordinance [Sec 34-21][15]

(a) In order to provide for the emergency management of the city, and further in order to provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants, every head of household residing in the city limits is required to maintain a firearm, together with ammunition therefore.
(b)Exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony.

It has been challenged by the (civil liberties union) I believe in court and stands constitutional. Lowest crime right the city has ever had "attributed" to (if partially or wholly) to the law. I'm born and raised two hours east of this place on the Ga/Sc line and my neighborhood suffers about 6 home invasions a week on average last time I checked reported crimes back in Oct/Nov.
This should be state law in every state. The face of our nation would turn around quick, especially if it were enforced.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If everyone carried then life would be a lot simpler. The crime rate would drop and if local law enforcement backed up a law abiding citizen that had to use there gun for defense instead of looking to arrest and prosecute us then I bet word would spread quickly to all the thugs and criminals that the common citizen is no longer easy prey! I always tell friends that even if they don't plan on carrying all the time like me its still a good idea to get your carry conceal permit! It shows our local, state and federal officials that we are exercising our constitutional right to bear arms! Then they are less likely to pass anti-gun laws in fear of not being re-elected! I personally feel that every house in the u.s. should have three guns! A good pistol that you are proficient with a shotgun and a deer rifle! With these three you can effectively defend yourself your family AND if need be put meat in the freezer! Everyone in my house is trained to what I call basic level on all the guns in my house both from a safety standpoint and a proficient standpoint as well! I feel as if my house hold was in danger of an attack we are equipped to neutralize the threat or at the very least hold the threat off till police arrive! Where I live is a blend of Hispanic, African American, and Caucasian! There are gangs and plenty of "criminals" but by training and staying aware of where we are and what's going on around us we do a pretty good job of staying out of a potential bad situation which is always better than shooting our way out of one! As a red blooded American I feel that I have the RIGHT to go any where I choose but as a husband and father I don't unnecessarily put my family in a bad location or situation!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Glock23punisher56 said:
Top headline in big bold letters "should Georgia take another look at the stand ur ground law! I knew the media in ga would feed on the Zimmerman case like piranha. They see a chance to lead the sheep dogs back to being sheep! Because they do not carry guns they're think if everyone should not and the world would be a safer place! I think the opposite I believe that if everyone carried it would be a safer world! There is a town in ga called kennesaw GA it is against the law to not have a firarm in there home the results are they have less than two burglaries a year and zero home invasions!
Wow I live like 30 mins from kennesaw and had no idea about this law. It's def a good one ...

·
Premium Member
5,882 Posts
Glock23punisher56 said:
My brother lives in GA and when he told me about Kennesaw, I thought that was awesome. I think every town should have that law.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts