Glock Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gman5778
6 Posts
How do you identify Pre Ban Mags? I was told that the rounded top is only for the Gen 1 mags and there are many "Pre Ban" mags that are not rounded near the feed lips. If thats true how do you tell whats what?
Also since its such a muddy issue what happens to a citizen who has a clean record who happens to get busted with a non pre ban magazine thinking he is carrying a legal mag? Is he really going to prison? This seems like such a big problem where gun owners are turned into criminals while not even knowing their breaking the law many times, a persons life could be turned upside down for a simple mistake!

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Always know the current laws where you reside...including the ones you don't like !!

In MA...the law is clear on non pre ban mags...and it's up to you to know.

Ignorance of the law does not get you a free pass...just jail.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I live in MA and have a buddy who was caught with an illegal 30rd ar mag. Cop simply took it and gave him a warning he told him to do more research on preban stuff.
But I've also heard story's of ppl getting arrested and having to go to court to prove that the preban mag was infact a preban mag.
The way I see it, it all depends on the officer.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Michael-Grant said:
How do you identify Pre Ban Mags? I was told that the rounded top is only for the Gen 1 mags and there are many "Pre Ban" mags that are not rounded near the feed lips. If thats true how do you tell whats what?
Also since its such a muddy issue what happens to a citizen who has a clean record who happens to get busted with a non pre ban magazine thinking he is carrying a legal mag? Is he really going to prison? This seems like such a big problem where gun owners are turned into criminals while not even knowing their breaking the law many times, a persons life could be turned upside down for a simple mistake!
I don't know your state but in California non per bans are illegal and I would just assume like breaking any law I'd be punished for doing it.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
g17McCoy said:
The pre ban mags look like this as far as I know the two drilled dimples on the mag and the caliber marking is lower than the new mags
Both of these where google images
Those are accurate photos of pre bans

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've also think might have to prove you purchased them with the gun. I previously thought you could buy pre-ban mags on line, have them shipped to a dealer and buy them there. I don't believe that's possible after hearing differently, but not sure.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
ppags84 said:
I've also think might have to prove you purchased them with the gun. I previously thought you could buy pre-ban mags on line, have them shipped to a dealer and buy them there. I don't believe that's possible after hearing differently, but not sure.
I've heard....

Again depending on state the law is vague here in CA and while you can't sell or buy a pre ban mag if you was to find one say left behind at the range you would be allowed to keep it.

Seems like a gamble to me though.. I have one pre ban but wouldn't buy or take on any new ones

·
Faithful Member
275 Posts
saved myself grief, got some 10 round mags for my G23 carry. picked up a mag holder for 2nd mag so I have 21 rounds total. PITA but better legal than sorry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts