Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm having to move to Massachusetts as my wife is being treated for cancer in Boston. I've got a Glock 19 with 15 round mags but Massachusetts law states that I need to either have modified 10 round mags or pre-ban (before 1994) magazines. I was told I could find them online but have been unsuccessful so far. Anyone know of a place that sells pre-ban mags?

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum BSUTOP25. Best wishes to you and your wife for successful treatment and a speedy recovery. I'm sure some of our members will be along shortly to help you with this problem. Take care.

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum !!

Sorry, don't know where to buy pre-ban mags...but hang tight, somebody will !

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!Enjoy!!

·
1,612 Posts
Welcome to the forum "BSUTOP25"!

Let me do some googling and see if I can find out how to tell what the pre-1994 magazines look like, and I'll let you know. I might have a couple.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That would be great Blades! I know pre-ban mags cost more but I'm willing to pay what the market will bear.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum. Too bad you didn't have a G-22 and needed some pre-ban mags, since I have a few dozen. I could gladly slip you a few, along with a dozen roses for your wife!

·
Registered
167 Posts
www.gunbroker.com they have some, but you are buying from private owners in a "ebay" style system. but be prepared to shell out double to triple the cost of a normal magazine. Plus some of the pre-ban mags are not drop-free. I have a pre-ban mag for my G22 and its tough putting in and doesn't slide out when the mag release button is hit. good luck on that front.
as for the look of the difference, there is another forum that has a great thread on the pre-ban vs post-ban looks and difference in make.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=120715

hope that helped.

Will be thinking of you and your wife and hope for a speedy recovery.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Hey all, I'm having to move to Massachusetts as my wife is being treated for cancer in Boston. I've got a Glock 19 with 15 round mags but Massachusetts law states that I need to either have modified 10 round mags or pre-ban (before 1994) magazines. I was told I could find them online but have been unsuccessful so far. Anyone know of a place that sells pre-ban mags?
Best wishes and a speedy recovery to you and your wife BSUTOP25!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think midwayusa sells 10 round mags for the 19. Also try cheaperthandirt.com good luck and god bless you and the wife.

·
Registered
42 Posts
All those are for pre-ban magazines? Or 10 rounders?
The ban was on handguns holding more than 10 rounds of ammo, so really they are one in the same. There might be some slight changes in looks but both will fit the law. You can thank Bill Clinton and the Brady bill for that one:mad:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts