Glock Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
That looks like a nice set up. Reasonably priced as well. Wouldn't help with recoil control / follow up shots, but for target / precision work, I like the idea.

·
Premium Member
12,753 Posts
That looks like a nice set up. Reasonably priced as well. Wouldn't help with recoil control / follow up shots, but for target / precision work, I like the idea.

Recoil control was my main hesitation when reading link. It would help with trigger control and hitting your shots. I don't see a downside to it.

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Save your money and take lessons from competition Masters. There is no substitute for hands on training.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li0rGtXh23I[/ame]

·
Registered
66 Posts
Won't work with my iPhone or Android tablet.
Seems like a neat idea though (I have a Laserlyte setup & this would be a cool add-on).

·
Registered
232 Posts
Works with my Iphone SE just fine. Now has a Quick Draw app available for practicing with a shot timer.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have an i target pro, it's worth more than the cost friend. I've only been shooting since January but I know from experience the dry fire with the I target had translated to the range perfectly. I bought the book "How To Shoot Like a Navy Seal" by Chris Sajnog. He's a retired seal and was the top instructor for other seals. His book is priceless. He recommends 4 dry fire shoots for every 1 at the range. I probably shoot 20 to 1. His book tells you why. I track every dry fire session in a log book to measure progress. Chris tells you why that's important also. My results at the range amaze me. He also gives free access to his videos. Check them out on you tube. You won't be sorry I promise. It's the smartest training I've ever done. I'd like to hear from you if you go down this ride.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the I target Pro and love it! It has helped me immensely! I had an issue with dry fire training as it just did not seem realistic to me and I could not get interested in doing it. The I target Pro has solved that for me. It's definitely a great training tool and worth the money.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the itargetpro and love it. I just started shooting in January. My practice at home transferred perfectly to the range. You'll be happy with the results. Check out Chris Sajnog, retired Seal on Amazon. His book is priceless!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was just about to post something on the iTarget Pro & found this thread.
I’m pleased to see others are using them and see as much benefit from them as I do.

I live in western Canada, the land of NO carry, and six months of winter, with six more of poor skiing. Getting to an outdoor range regularly is hit and miss with more miss than hit. I belong to an indoor range as well, but with it 15 miles across town, gas costs, ammo & time, I don’t have 3 hours a day minimum needed to spend an hour there, even though I am retired.

I do get my hour in every day though...using the iTarget. First order of business was to order batteries for the laser in bulk. The originals lasted about 150 shots before they died, so I ordered a bulk pack of 20 from Amazon for cheap. These ones, I’m getting about a week per set from them...2200-2600 rds. I try to shoot an hour a day, split between target shooting and timed draw shooting.

I did a quick & dirty cost/benefit analysis, based on the cost of 9000rds a month “fired”, gas costs, time spent, etc. And to get comparable range time the past four months...about $14,000 all in. Using the iTarget, batteries,etc. Has been around $150.

My shooting has improved enormously over the winter. In addition to my dail shooting in the basement, I make at least one, and usually two trips a week to the range, with 200rds per visit. It reinforces the weeks work by adding recoil and noise, although I wear muffs at home to keep things as close to the same as the range, and it’s really paid off. My groups are 50% smaller, my split times on fast draw & fire have gone down a lot, and accuracy is Way better.

Over all, I think this was some of the best training money I’ve ever spent. Of course, nothing’s better than live ammo on the range. An iTarget laser though is head & shoulders superior to dry fire practice where everything is subjective...this is hard, accurate data, and you can immediately see the differences between grips, optics and your hold. Highly recommended if you’re serious about shooting better

1 - 11 of 11 Posts