Glock Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
202 Posts
My wife loves her PPK and has no problems with it cutting her hand. I can shoot it without cutting my hand but I have to double check the placement of the gun in my hand before I shoot just to make sure. My dad has been shooting a PPK for about 15 years and has permanent marks on his hand from the numerous cuts he has accumulated. It really depends on hand size.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I had a PPK/s for while and didn't have a problem. It was a great fit for my hand. Too bad the ammo is so expensive.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I've been shooting my PPK/s for 20+ years and never received an "owie" on my hand. I suppose if you allow it to ride high in the hand it could be a skin scraper, but so is the Glock.

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Never had a problem with my PPK/s biting me...but then again, my hands are large, but not beefy in the web area around the thumb.

Here's my 1972 West German .380acp Walther

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
True...

True...the PPK is smaller than the PPK/s

The PPK/S differs from the PPK as follows:
  • Overall height: 104 mm (4.1 in)
  • Weight: the PPK/S weighs 51 g (1.8 oz) more than the PPK
  • The PPK/S magazine holds one additional round, in both calibers.
The version currently manufactured by Smith & Wesson has been modified by incorporating a longer grip tang, better protecting the shooter from slide bite, i.e. the rearward-traveling slide's pinching the web between the index finger and thumb of the firing hand, which was a problem with the original PPK design.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts