PPK and it's destruction of your hand

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by TxShooter, Jan 22, 2012.

1. TxShooter

TxShooter Administrator Staff Member

Has anyone shot a stock PPK and NOT had it slice the webbing between your thumb and index finger?

What's the secret or does everyone has this problem?

2. american lockpicker

american lockpicker New Member

I used to have the airpistol version and had no issues.

3. My wife loves her PPK and has no problems with it cutting her hand. I can shoot it without cutting my hand but I have to double check the placement of the gun in my hand before I shoot just to make sure. My dad has been shooting a PPK for about 15 years and has permanent marks on his hand from the numerous cuts he has accumulated. It really depends on hand size.

4. mikecu

mikecu New Member

I had a PPK/s for while and didn't have a problem. It was a great fit for my hand. Too bad the ammo is so expensive.

5. .380's are that bad these days. We usually get them for around $15.00 a box.

6. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

I've been shooting my PPK/s for 20+ years and never received an "owie" on my hand. I suppose if you allow it to ride high in the hand it could be a skin scraper, but so is the Glock.

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Never had a problem with my PPK/s biting me...but then again, my hands are large, but not beefy in the web area around the thumb.

Here's my 1972 West German .380acp Walther

[​IMG]

8. TxShooter

TxShooter Administrator Staff Member

You are all running the larger s version though and not the smaller non-s PPK?

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

True...

True...the PPK is smaller than the PPK/s

The PPK/S differs from the PPK as follows:
    • Overall height: 104 mm (4.1 in)
    • Weight: the PPK/S weighs 51 g (1.8 oz) more than the PPK
    • The PPK/S magazine holds one additional round, in both calibers.
    The version currently manufactured by Smith & Wesson has been modified by incorporating a longer grip tang, better protecting the shooter from slide bite, i.e. the rearward-traveling slide's pinching the web between the index finger and thumb of the firing hand, which was a problem with the original PPK design.