Glock Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know of a pistol powder that looks similar to this image? Lol I normally use w231 and have some blue dot and unique laying around, but they are all large to medium size flake or ball. Maybe someone out there uses something this fine of a ball powder. I was thinking WSF but not sure, I really Don't want to buy 12 powders to find something like this lol. Just curious more then anything and may try some if I can find a brand like it.

This came out of a Speer gold dot 124gr +p round I pulled. measured out at 6.5gr but figured it would be heavy for a +p round.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Looks like Accurate #2 or #5....

I hope you are not trying to substitute the pulled powder....it is dangerous since you do not know for sure what the characteristics are of the original (unidentified) powder are, and there is no way of knowing if you will overpressure (or underpressure) the gun.

If you are just looking for a fine spherical double-base powder, Zip and Accurate #2 & #5 may work....

Cheers and be careful!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those accurate brands look real close. Thanks zombie and Vegas.

I may check those out as well. I have 500 124gr GoldDot heads and I am trying to match the performance of the factory load the best I can, hopefully without destroying one of my Glocks.

I will fiddle with whatever people can post and buy a pound of each that matches, thanks for the input.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
I honestly hope that you are using published load data.....

Accurate #2 has a very low load density and is a very energetic powder....go over by so much as a grain and you could blow up the gun.

Be careful there, sir!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Happysniper1 said:
Looks like Accurate #2 or #5....

I hope you are not trying to substitute the pulled powder....it is dangerous since you do not know for sure what the characteristics are of the original (unidentified) powder are, and there is no way of knowing if you will overpressure (or underpressure) the gun.

If you are just looking for a fine spherical double-base powder, Zip and Accurate #2 & #5 may work....

Cheers and be careful!
I will be careful thanks happy, just trying to match performance. I haven't taken out the chrono on the factory stuff yet. I could probably match it with many powders but some I just don't like. Power pistol is like dragons breath lol when you hit max loads with that stuff.

I always( cough)stay in the recommended limits from the manufactures, well sometimes I go beyond but rarely. But I am pretty particular about making sure weights are spot on in my test rounds using two scales and like I said powder and bullet manufacture data.

Thanks again for the input.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
I will be careful thanks happy, just trying to match performance. I haven't taken out the chrono on the factory stuff yet. I could probably match it with many powders but some I just don't like. Power pistol is like dragons breath lol when you hit max loads with that stuff.

I alway stay in the recommended limits from the manufactures well sometimes, I go beyond but rarely.

Thanks again for the input.
i, too, often go beyond the published loads to achieve the published velocities.... The shorter barrels of the G26 and G30 make it impossible to achieve max velocities with published loads because the short barrel prevents total powder combustion except with very fast burning powders.

Dragon's Breath, LOL! I know what you mean. Have you tried Green Dot?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Happysniper1 said:
i, too, often go beyond the published loads to achieve the published velocities.... The shorter barrels of the G26 and G30 make it impossible to achieve max velocities with published loads because the short barrel prevents total powder combustion except with very fast burning powders.

Dragon's Breath, LOL! I know what you mean. Have you tried Green Dot?
No not yet, have you and did you like it?

I here tight group let's out a pretty monstrous fireball as well, maybe chuck would have more input on that, sounds like he uses it.

I use four different guns for testing, G26, G19, G17 and G34 all with KKM barrels, I like to own entire family's :).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts