Post your Daddy Daughter day pics

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by kodiak, Jun 9, 2012.

1. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Just got back from taking my daughter shooting for National Daddy/Daughter Day. This was the first time for my girl doing any shooting with a handgun. She's deathly afraid of loud noises/fireworks/popping balloons, etc. After much patience and coaxing, I finally got her through the range doors. She was the only kid there with a bunch of adults with full sized firearms. She cried a little until the folks were nice enough to cease fire until she got going. Once she got going, she had a blast and the full sized weapons did not bother her :) Brass was ejecting over the divider from the other lane, and she kept going. I'm pretty proud of my girl because I know how tough it was to overcome her fear of loud noises. She is now looking forward to the next range trip, and it was great to see a big old smile on her face!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  2. runman

runman New Member

Very cool! I guess I'm a horrible father since I didn't know it was daddy/daughter day, but it's not too late. I better get out to the range. Here's a picture from the past. She has fun but is still afraid of the recoil. It's great times together though.

Attached Files:

3. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Very cool pic man!

4. Gilbody

Gilbody New Member

Awesome ! What a lovely bonding experience too.

5. Shep482

Shep482 Well-Known Member Supporter

Good times! The Browning I believe? My daughter and I are planning to go in a few weeks. I'll post pics.Here is a father-son outing from March. Shooting the M44. This is my 17yr old son. He's a lefty so he's a bit awkward with the bolt. Plus he's on the high school rifle team so he's used to being a bit more gentle with expensive competition rifles. Watch the second shot for the famous M44 fireball. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dd-kCWMWf4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

6. DevilDawg235

DevilDawg235 New Member

Shooting is the new fishing...

Awesome!

7. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Haha good point

8. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Good stuff Shep! Yep it's a Buckmark that I bought specifically for the kids...although I'm not going to be able to stop myself from tricking it out

I like that ;)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  9. runman

runman New Member

kodiak inspired me to get to the range more often with my daughter so I picked up something with a little less recoil. We'll have some fun and save on ammo costs, what a deal!

Attached Files:

10. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Oh man that's nice! She's going love it...hell I love it! :)

11. runman

runman New Member

Yea, I gotta have some fun too. Been thinking about it for awhile, so thanks for the motivation.

12. Mary

Mary New Member

That SR22 is a sweet little shooter! I'm actually wanting to get a few more of them for teaching purposes. Just as an aside--I was in an instructor class with a bunch of men(I was the only girl)--at first they kinda pooh-poohed my little ruger--but after they shot it--they all wanted one! I think I could have auctioned it off right there & then!

13. Devinh2

Devinh2 Guest

Took my daughter out today for her first time shooting. She loved the glocks!!

Attached Files:

14. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

I am loving all these pics! Great job guys getting your daughters and sons out there early. Shooting together is a great family activity.

We are having a Daughter Day at our local range too but it won't be until next weekend. We had a scheduling conflict at the range. Can't wait to see all the families.

15. runman

runman New Member

Got the daughter out today with the new SR22 and she loved it. No recoil at all and definitely built her confidence. Loads mags, inserts mags, works the safety, and learned DA and SA with the hammer. She was tearing through the rounds, I might have created a monster!

Gun performed flawlessly - 500 Remington golden bullets with no problems. Great day at the range.

Attached Files:

16. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

That's awesome man! Great to hear that she loved it!

17. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Good for you! I am so glad she had such a good time.

I'm loving this...can you tell? :D