Glock Firearms banner

10521 - 10540 of 10638 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,160 Posts
Transplant those goatheads in their yard. They will change their tune.
You gotta get the briars too, or they will come back to haunt you.
The really funny thing is the council here in Port Augusta. Hire contractors every year to spray (at rate payers expense of course) our yards. Thing is the Contractors wait until the damned things have gone to seed! Thereby ensuring their work for next year :mad:! So being the killjoy I am , I spray my yard as the weeds come up and then ,when the contractors turn up I politely tell em to Bugger off!

Me, when contractors turn up to spray weeds. 'NONE SHALL PASS':D

·
Glockin’ since 1993
35,763 Posts
Anybody know why they candy stripe the front of their slide? Muzzle awareness? Ability to identify friend or foe? It just looks cool? :)

Ps. Sure looks like the guy facing the camera is flagging his buddy to his right.
View attachment 236585
I noticed that too and was wondering.
I had some cops I knew that put reflective tape on their mag bottoms and flashlights. It could be used to find those items if dropped during a foot chase, fight or post shooting scene. I never did it, my gear was pretty secure;).
I don’t think that applies here as almost no one loses their handgun.

So my current theory is these guns are department issue and it identifies them as such and additionally provides a quick identification of friend or foe in an emergency situation. It’s well documented that police (probably everyone for that matter) focus on the firearm above other things during a threatening situation. Friendly fire happens despite badges and other identifiers.
So it’s a quick way to ID a non threat during a potential shooting scenario.

·
Super Moderator
70,920 Posts
10521 - 10540 of 10638 Posts