Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I insert a mag into my Gen4 model 22 my weapon starts rattling when you move it a certain way. It's pretty loud but it hasn't given me any problems when I've shot it. I didn't know if it was some malfunction or not. My Gen3 model 22 does the same thing but it doesn't rattle near as much. Input would greatly ease my mind!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Min does this as well I asked my dealer and he said it is the hammer sliding back and forth. It won't do. It when you put a round in the chamber due to pressure on the hammer. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well see that's the thing. I do have a round in the chamber. Both weapons do but the Gen4 is way worse in rattling. Still might not be anything but I needed some input

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
here's a detailed explanation. it's completely normal.......

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp-OSue7beY[/ame]

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
When I insert a mag into my Gen4 model 22 my weapon starts rattling when you move it a certain way. It's pretty loud but it hasn't given me any problems when I've shot it. I didn't know if it was some malfunction or not. My Gen3 model 22 does the same thing but it doesn't rattle near as much. Input would greatly ease my mind!!
The fact that your Gen3 doesn't rattle as much is an indication that the striker channel could stand to be cleaned.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
Ok dude seriously how many ways do u want to hear that its normal. Multiple times in multiple threads what more do u want its normal.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you had a concern about something that could save your life wouldn't you want as many opinions as possible? Thanks ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's what we all want though right? A lot of positive feedback. Not just a couple ppl saying it might be ok. So I'm content w the input of those who have helped ease my mind. Thank you

·
Are we there yet?
784 Posts
That's what we all want though right? A lot of positive feedback. Not just a couple ppl saying it might be ok. So I'm content w the input of those who have helped ease my mind. Thank you
I know I was a hell of a lot more confident in the operation of my Glock once I detail stripped it. You would be more confident in a diagnosis if you knew, first hand, exactly what was going on inside the slide and frame.

If you are somewhat mechanically inclined, you can learn how to detail strip it in an hour from youtube videos. There are a couple tricky parts, but nothing all that complicated. All you need is a clean workspace and a punch.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
So rattle on my gen4 is completely normal then? Like when I tilt it back and forth?
It is absolutely. Like I said above, though, you should look for Youtube videos, if necessary, to remove the striker on your Gen3 and clean the striker channel. Crap can build up in there and eventually start causing light primer strikes or a complete failure to fire. It comes from using too much lube on the slide. I forget which gun it was, but I took one of mine over to Glock and the armorer cleaned it thoroughly and told me to back down on the lube.

Glocks have a partially cocked striker, so there's no pressure holding it still. That's why it rattles. The rattle means it's moving freely in the striker channel, which is a very good thing!

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
I just noticed one of my post in this thread is gone. It's still quoted in another post. I'm trying to figure out what with in the content of it warranted it getting deleted.........amazing after seeing some of the other down right rude and flamatory stuff on here.

Oh well

1 - 20 of 22 Posts