Polymer80 G17 frame with G19 slide?

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by whitelotus9, Aug 13, 2020.

1. I'm looking to build a second Polymer80 frame only in their Glock 17 size this time (the first was a Glock 19). I would like to build this one as a Glock 19X. Can the Polymer80 frame be modified to shorten it to the right size for the Glock 19 slide? Thank you in advance!

2. Olga17

Olga17 C19 sounds like G19 Supporter

I wish I could answer this with certainty.
    Cannot answer until next week, a relative is dropping one off on Tuesday. (G19)

3. rbbeers

rbbeers Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    SJ 40 likes this.
  4. SJ 40

SJ 40 Active Member

There is this ,it's not manufactured by Polymer 80 though and I've never laid eyes on one. hope this helps you.

I hear tell the Glock Store has their serial numbered 19 X style frame for sale beginning of this week, it is not a 80 %.

GST-9 Pistol Frame

This is what they say of their product

What makes the GST-9 so special?
    • Modular frame gives you a 19, 19X, 19L, & 17 size weapon system in a single 4-in-1 platform
    • Compatible with Glock 3rd generation parts, holsters, & aftermarket accessories. GST-9 is the first and only 80% lower that is compatible with Glock holsters
    • Ergonomic features include a single undercut, high beavertail, glove bevel, scalloped mag release, no finger grooves, & gas pedals as standard
    • Premium internal rail components extended 3X, made of stainless steel, & Nickel-Boron coated
    • Easily ships to your door & completes in minutes

This is what Marine Gun Builder has to say of it.

https://www.80percentarms.com/products/gst-9-pistol-frame/?utm_campaign=8/11 - Gun Grabbers (Sg9f4p)&utm_medium=email&variation=B&utm_source=AL - Active Profiles&_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJqbWNjYW5kbGVzNjZAeWFob28uY29tIiwgImtsX2NvbXBhbnlfaWQiOiAiUE54eUFYIn0=

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  5. rbbeers

rbbeers Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Basically, it's a G19 frame with an optional G17 stock extension (shown below).

GST-9 1a.jpg

Best regards,

Bob

SJ 40 likes this.
  6. Thank you very much for the info!

rbbeers and SJ 40 like this.