Glock Firearms banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
First off Welcome,I have read the stories and complaints of them but never ordered with them.
Here is the latest directory from Polymer 80 and their recommendation of stocking dealers,I have used Rocky Brass with zero complaints of their products.

Looking for a P80 product? Visit our retailers by clicking on the image below!

Reactions: Danzig

·
Registered
35 Posts
Having just bought a SERIALIZED Polymer 80, completely assembled PFC9 yesterday, I will say much of the firearm is what Glock should have done to begin with or done to modify new types over the years. Simplicity of a Glock with a couple of very good differences....mostly on the frame. The Grip....well only option is....like it or not. The aggressive texture is much better. I like the Poly 80 1911 style grip and not the Glock bump. That is why I only have a Glock 43x. It is my EDC and a great firearm. The Poly 80 ....I will call it a Poly 80S for serialized from now on has the double under cuts, the extended mag release and a large rail system. Trigger is very good....easy, clean, crisp break and very short reset. After a few hundred rd shot I might go with a few After market GLOCK parts if I think they will make a difference. One thing for sure that is getting changed out ....the sights. PRO>> they are metal. CON>> That white front dot is not easy to see....I do not like the blackout rear sight. Fiber Optics will go on the firearm for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
So Knight, what background check did your state do for buying the P80? In California, only complete guns can be sold and must also be on the DOJ approved list (outside of person to person offlist). Just curios.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So Knight, what background check did your state do for buying the P80? In California, only complete guns can be sold and must also be on the DOJ approved list (outside of person to person offlist). Just curios.
I'm in Florida. The firearm is a completed Poly 80 firearm with a factory serial number from the company Polymer 80....not a 80% build. The FFL had me fill out the same paper work as for any other firearm...waits to get approved and since I have a CCW license no waiting hands it over to me. At 10 yds, not a really impressive initial trip to the range by any means!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been searching this site for over an hour and the internet in regards to engineering tolerances and the difference between the OEM Glock and the Polymer 80.

I am entertaining building one of these, but think I will wait until Polymer 80 releases their " complete frame " as opposed to the 80% frame. That being said are these the exact engineering tolerances as an OEM Glock? My mistake if this is a repost, I was not able to find engineering tolerances anywhere.. Thank you
I was interested in the Polymer 80s as well. My problem is that I get so ocd with my glocks that i only get glock oem mags instead of opting for other less expensive brands so I am not sure if I'd ever truly like / trust a polymer 80 despite hearing how good they perform.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I was interested in the Polymer 80s as well. My problem is that I get so ocd with my glocks that i only get glock oem mags instead of opting for other less expensive brands so I am not sure if I'd ever truly like / trust a polymer 80 despite hearing how good they perform.
First welcome and this is not meant as a put down but I wouldn't let your old get in the way of experiencing some of the better things in life and the enhanced qualities of the Poly 80 are one of the better things in life.

Reactions: Spade and Danzig

·
Registered
283 Posts
I built my poly 80 G17 model In 2018 I liked the fact that I built a working reliable firearm from literally a bag of parts that has about 2000 rnds through It now.
Was It cheaper? No came In about $20-30 more but, Is It the ATF/government's business....NO..no It Isn't.
I take pride In building It myself and that's enough for me.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Well, I didn't even know that P80 guns could be bought complete, not that it matters in CA because they are no on the list. This was about 18 yards, last target of that stage. Shooting is about fundamentals; stance, grip, sight picture and trigger control. But it's not breathe and squeeze, it's grip it and rip it.

·
Legitimate Combatant
4,708 Posts
Last gun show I went to I noticed a lot of serialized P80's for sale.
Don't know if any started out as an 80%, I did not examine any of them.

It is rewarding IMO to build a quality working, reliable firearm.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well now that I have a complete P80 Compact I can get a 80% to build when I find a good deal on the color I want. I can try some of the after market parts and see what works together with each other and what does not. I did find a fiber optic front sight and installed it. Another range tomorrow if the weather allows me.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
39,745 Posts
Well now that I have a complete P80 Compact I can get a 80% to build when I find a good deal on the color I want. I can try some of the after market parts and see what works together with each other and what does not. I did find a fiber optic front sight and installed it. Another range tomorrow if the weather allows me. View attachment 252791
Looks great!!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts