Glock Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making my first attempt at a PF45 build and running into an issue where the trigger will not break and release the firing pin. While troubleshooting, I've discovered that the cruciform seems to be pushing the firing pin too far rearward before it lowers and releases. If I remove the back plate and hold the firing pin sleeve with my thumb, the firing pin is allowed to travel slightly farther (and slightly beyond the end of the channel) and will then release.

I'm thinking I can either file a little bit off the end of the cruciform to make it shorter or maybe there's a way to modify the connector to drive the trigger bar down sooner to lessen the rearward travel of the firing pin. This is my first time doing this though, so I'm hoping someone here might have some advice on how best to approach the issue.

The firing pin is OEM, but everything else is from Lone Wolf because OEM has been very difficult to source, so I'm sure something is slightly out of spec. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Legitimate Combatant
4,121 Posts
If you try to raise the rear of the slide up while pulling the trigger will the striker release?
I usually use a magazine with dummy rounds to test this. Cycle the gun and then put in the mag with dummy rounds and test the trigger.

Removing material from the cruciform can be a bad thing.
Do you have an armorers plate to be able to check engagement before tampering with?
I think Glock minimum specs are 2/3rds but I prefer @ least 80%

If you don't get the ejector housing seated all the way down the height of the shelf will just be too high to drop the cruciform low enough.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
If you try to raise the rear of the slide up while pulling the trigger will the striker release?
I usually use a magazine with dummy rounds to test this. Cycle the gun and then put in the mag with dummy rounds and test the trigger.

Removing material from the cruciform can be a bad thing.
Do you have an armorers plate to be able to check engagement before tampering with?
I think Glock minimum specs are 2/3rds but I prefer @ least 80%

If you don't get the ejector housing seated all the way down the height of the shelf will just be too high to drop the cruciform low enough.
Agreed

From Marine Gun Bulders blog many are having the same issue and it's due to Polymer 80's frame, it seems easier to modify the Glock OEM trigger housing rather than the frame , would be a bear to do, perhaps someday Poly 80 will have the time to make the correction to their frame.

Polymer 80 PF45 Trigger Housing Fix

rumble.com

Polymer 80 PF45 Trigger Housing Fix
Polymer 80 PF45 Build fixes for the PF45 Trigger Housing. Have questions or need help – visit the support forum here: MGB 80% Forum Forum | Marine Gun Builder Marine Gun Builder Forum - Wh
rumble.com
rumble.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Lifting up on the slide doesn't have an effect and the trigger housing appears to be seated flush with the frame. Also, the firing pin engagement looks to be around 90% in my estimation. I've attached some pics, maybe there's something else that's off? The problem seems to be how far back the cruciform is traveling before it drops. Any other thoughts?

·
Legitimate Combatant
4,121 Posts
Is the trigger bar able to travel fully rearward or is the rear rail preventing full movement?
Note red line.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
How do you tell the difference online when ordering a LPK for a P80 kit to be sure it will be a proper fit?
You will want to order for compatibility G 20 G 21 lower parts kit if it is for 10 mm or 45 ACP.

If you need a lower parts kit for 9 mm,357 Sig,40 S&W they are all the same with the exception of trigger shoe style, groves for sub compact & compact,or smooth full size and the smooth full size fit in the compacts, the only reason there is a proved trigger is to gain enough ATF points to allow the smaller guns to be imported.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts