Glock Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - Wondering if anyone has run into this issue, I have a couple Polymer 80 builds that I did and one works great while the other has me at a loss. I'm able to get the slide on no issues and it locks in place but when I try to rack it I can't get further then about 1/2 back then locks up. Can't figure out what is blocking it and I can use the same slide on the other frame which works great. Anyone have any thoughts on what is jamming it up?

Thanks in advance,,

pwrups

Attachments

·
Legitimate Combatant
4,011 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I can take a look @ a 26 later when I get home and post some findings from that slide position.

·
Legitimate Combatant
4,011 Posts
The position in the picture you posted is as follows.
I moved the slide back a bit and this is the most aggressive point on the slide cam that moves the connector.
Your connector may be bent too far toward the frame.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Welcome,at about that position I would look at the Firing pin safety plunger and conversely the trigger bar safety extension as a possible area of trouble and see what Olga 17 uncovers as I don't have a P 80 G 26 to examine.

Edit,and he beat me to the post.

Reactions: Olga17

·
Legitimate Combatant
4,011 Posts
Welcome,at about that position I would look at the Firing pin safety plunger and conversely the trigger bar safety extension as a possible area of trouble and see what Olga 17 uncovers as I don't have a P 80 G 26 to examine.
At that point with the slide moving rearward the safety plunger is still depressed, just barely with an empty gun and the trigger already pulled.

Just noticed the original post mentions the slide will go back 1/2 way.
May need to take another peek @ this.

·
Legitimate Combatant
4,011 Posts
@pwrups did you remove enough material in the P80 for the RSA to fully function?
This seems like the next binding area in the slide moving rearward.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The position in the picture you posted is as follows.
I moved the slide back a bit and this is the most aggressive point on the slide cam that moves the connector.
Your connector may be bent too far toward the frame.

View attachment 245578
I have attached the two frames I built, the blue frame on the right is the one that locks up and the black frame on the left works great. I did notice in my original post I said the slide goes back half way, it's actually 1/2 inch then it locks in place. I removed the recoil spring assembly and tried the same with just the barrel in the slide and the same thing occurs so I can rule out anything with the recoil spring. I may switch the trigger bar assembly and see if the issue presents itself in the black frame then we know that is it for sure. Looking at them best I can tell they appear to sit pretty much in the same positions on both frames but I know looking with the naked eye may not catch it. I will keep you updated on what I find.
Thanks

thumbnail2.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@pwrups did you remove enough material in the P80 for the RSA to fully function?
This seems like the next binding area in the slide moving rearward.
View attachment 245581
@Olga17 Yes, I did check that and even removed the RSA but the slide itself still locks after going back about a 1/2 inch. The Barrel will drop in the locking block and then the slide freezes up and does not go further back like it's hitting something.

·
Legitimate Combatant
4,011 Posts
The connector on the blue one looks to be bent out towards the frame more.

@SJ 40 posted a good article on adjustment of the connector.
Maybe he will chime in with the link.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
The connector on the blue one looks to be bent out towards the frame more.

@SJ 40 posted a good article on adjustment of the connector.
Maybe he will chime in with the link.
Here you go

Adjusting your connector-Bend angle adjustment

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here you go

Adjusting your connector-Bend angle adjustment

Thanks for all the ideas everyone, looks like I accidently found the issue while removing the trigger bar. Just for kicks as I was going to try what SJ40 posted I tried to put the slide on and rack it back without the trigger assembly in the gun and same issue happened. So after digging a bit further I realized the issue would only happen when I inserted the trigger pin. I had noticed during the build but didn't think much of it that it was difficult to get the trigger pin in and had to tap it in with a Glock tool. Seems during the build when drilling the holes for the trigger housing I was just off on my angle enough to cause the pin to have to be forced in which caused the locking block to rise just enough to prevent it from racking. After a little time filing the hole down the pin goes in fine with just a push of my thumb and the locking block seats fine and the slide runs great now.

My second build I used my Dremel on my drill press stand so everything aligned great on that one, should have done that on the first build as well..!! again thanks for everyone's help, I would not have found it had I not started the process of adjusting the connector.....

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
"My second build I used my Dremel on my drill press stand so everything aligned great on that one, should have done that on the first build as well..!! again thanks for everyone's help, I would not have found it had I not started the process of adjusting the connector....."

The method you used above is the biggest favor one can do for a build, the pins are in correct alignment and aids in a successful build, glad you got it solved and running as it should.

Reactions: Danzig

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"My second build I used my Dremel on my drill press stand so everything aligned great on that one, should have done that on the first build as well..!! again thanks for everyone's help, I would not have found it had I not started the process of adjusting the connector....."

The method you used above is the biggest favor one can do for a build, the pins are in correct alignment and aids in a successful build, glad you got it solved and running as it should.

@SJ40 It was after watching the MGBs video above that I went out and got a press stand for my Dremel. 100% the best way to go. Good learning experience, I chalk it up to "when you know better, you do better"...

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
@SJ40 It was after watching the MGBs video above that I went out and got a press stand for my Dremel. 100% the best way to go. Good learning experience, I chalk it up to "when you know better, you do better"...

Thanks!
You got it,I did my first one and got lucky as to the pin hole drilling but like you I know for myself,I don't get lucky twice in a row so I invested in a Dremel press myself and it made the other builds a breeze.

Reactions: Danzig
1 - 16 of 16 Posts