Polymer 80 g19 barrel issue

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Thorsson, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Thorsson

Thorsson New Member

Hi all, I have a recently built p80 g19, and am encountering some issues, wondering if anyone has dealt with this. In order to rack my slide properly and have it go fully into battery I have to push down on the chamber and "seat" the barrel. It will usually get stuck, at which point I have to lift up on the tip of the barrel for it to go into battery. If i do it fast and hard it's ok 50% of the time. When the gun is cleared and held open the barrel has a lot of wiggle and play. Any suggestions?

2. Brown-Box-Hero

Brown-Box-Hero New Member

Hi there. I have built 10-P80’s ( 5-G19 / 3-G17 / 1-G22&23 ) so I have probably encountered every problem possible lol.
    Can I ask you what type of barrel you are using?

3. Thorsson

Thorsson New Member

I am using the stock slide and barrel and OEM parts that came in the g19 full build kit. I was planning on putting it all together and getting it to work before I upgrade.

4. rbbeers

rbbeers Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

For those interested, the barrel hood was 'a bit tight'... sometimes binding with the slide.

Properly fitting the barrel hood to the slide corrected the issue.

Best regards,

Bob

Southlake likes this.
  5. Southlake

Southlake Salt Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Thanks Bob. :)

rbbeers likes this.
  6. common-wealth

common-wealth Member

Mine went together flawless today 1st try, Can't wait to shoot it.
    20180624_181007.jpg

akpls, Southlake and Dark Knight like this.
  7. akpls

akpls Member

I just finished one last evening. Everything went together well and functions as it should. We'll see how it shoots in the next day or so. 20180625_193840.jpg

Southlake likes this.