Poly 80 Compact Glock 19 Gen 3 build 9mm

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by moshpit817, Jul 20, 2017.

1. TXSCOOTERGUY

TXSCOOTERGUY New Member

I just found out that because of the Poilymer80 has a different locking block than a genuine Glock, the 22lr conversion won't work with it. So I'm back on the Mech-Tech path.

2. moshpit817

moshpit817 Member Supporter

Well my slide parts kit finally got here,seemed like it took forever,but actually today is the expected delivery date so just Happy it made it ! Last week on Friday I panicked when my new Poly 80's slide got here and I slid it into place and it would just fall off,but with some help from others here and overall just figured it out it needed the parts kit..so here it is fully assembled and ready to rock and roll! I lubed it up and have dry fired it enough to know that it should be ok and will fire it probably this coming Friday or mid next week,been kinda busy but will make the time soon ! This Poly 80 build has been fun and it fits my hand perfectly and the weight is perfect as well.I put a HI-VIZ red fiber optic sight on the front and going to see how I like it,I have generally had good luck with factory Glock sights so this may or may not be an improvement for me.

Attached Files:

3. TXSCOOTERGUY

TXSCOOTERGUY New Member

Well, the PF940V1.5 is finished. Now I'm looking for a used Mech-Tech CCU for it. Let me know is you know of one. Thanks.

4. TXSCOOTERGUY

TXSCOOTERGUY New Member

Just bought a used 9mm Mech-Tech CCU. Should be here by Friday. I'll update this posting after the first trip to the range.

5. TXSCOOTERGUY

TXSCOOTERGUY New Member

Several boxes of ammo later, all is good. The CCU is more accurate than I expected. I'm pleased with the Polymer80 PF940V1.5 and the Mech-Tech CCU.

6. moshpit817

moshpit817 Member Supporter

That all sounds good,glad its working out for you..I finally got to fire about 45-50 rounds out of my Poly 80 build with this new 9mm slide and parts kit,everything worked great,I had no FTF or FTE's and all the brass shot out at 3pm into a nice pile and it was nice to not have any BTF's or flying over my head! I am very happy this new combination of parts did exactly what I have been trying to accomplish..I mainly fired Blazer brass and Monarch 124gr but did shoot some Remington UMC 147gr and all three felt really nice and this gun hits exactly where its pointed,I am going to post a few pics of the target I shot at,its 12" by 18" I got at Academy..on the pics I have circled some of the holes because I did fire my .40 S&W of another brand into the same target and it shot really good too,brand new as well..overall I wasn't really focusing on hitting target 100% accurately at dead zero,mainly just testing out how this and the .40 shot and checking for BTF-FTE and FTF's..I want reliability when I pull the trigger and for them to fire each time the triggers pulled..overall happy with the first 45-50 rounds..will start practicing for accuracy the next session.all shooting done at 20' from target.I did tape the smaller target onto a larger one that I have already used so the holes on the smaller white target are the ones from this session.This is obviously not my best shooting but not too bad for really mainly monitoring function of guns,and I don't have to leave our house/property to shoot,just walk outside and start blasting! More to come and using hopefully some different brands ammo,I was surprised the only Academy store that's anywhere near me within a 70 mile range was very low on 9mm and .40 S&W,they are usually stocked up very good at all times,so I will just have to make a bigger purchase next time or do some online shopping,and I forgot I did order some Corbon 135 g JHP's online and they got here fast,but shipping was very high,but I couldn't find them anywhere else..I saw a Youtube video of these Corbons and the wound channel started at 1-2" and it was devastating,and had I believe it was 14.25"- 15" penetration,but that was .40 ammo so looking for some 9mm Corbon..I also ordered 1 box of some Underwoods ammo and the guy I spoke too was really cool and informative,and my order got to me in 2 days time,so probably going to sample some variety with them as well.I am not a pro shooter or super informed about all the other brands of ammo besides whats usually on the store shelf,but I am learning,and having fun doing it! Target 1.jpg Target 2.jpg Target 5.jpg

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  7. TXSCOOTERGUY

TXSCOOTERGUY New Member

I was just on the Polymer80 website and it looks like they no longer offer a full size Glock frame. I only saw the newer compact frame with the metal rear rails. I wonder if they will come out with a full size PF940V2.0.

8. rpoL98

rpoL98 New Member

just got an email flyer from Rainier, listing the G17/22 version as a new product PF940Cv2

9. pineirorl

pineirorl TI_in_Yosemite

The full size just came out (PF940v2.0), ordered mine from Brownells. I just built it the other night; rear rails are 1/32 of an inch taller than the front. At 2/32 thickness I wasn't going to mill them down that much. Contacted polymer80; they said they had issues with the rear rails, sending me a new set to drop in. Love the frame, waiting on the rails and will follow up.

10. Jayboy101

Jayboy101 New Member

Hello everyone I just finished my p80 g19 compact version build but for some reason the slide won’t rack all the way any tips on what I could of possibly did wrong?

Attached Files:

11. Jayboy101

Jayboy101 New Member

image.jpg

Attached Files:

12. GlockMan420

GlockMan420 New Member

Did you figure it out? I had problems at that same point in putting on my slide. I had to lift up un the slide to get it up to the rear rails. Was really tight. So tight it would peel skin off trying to rack it without gloves. So I greased the hell out of the rails with some firearms grease put my gloves on an proceeded to rack the slide about 300 times. At first was very hard but now its starting to smooth out. 20200927_161346.jpeg

SJ 40 and Danzig like this.
  13. mattm

mattm last one, I promise Supporter

nice slide, glockman. I had issues with 1 of my 5 builds, the 21 clone which is ceracoted...everywhere. About the same fix, lubriplate, scotchbrite, sandpaper on the slide rails, flat surface and 600 grit on the frame rails. Another issue was during all the teardowns and reassemblies, part of the trigger assy. in the grip got twisted around, and the curved bar was outboard of the straight one...that happened after everything else was good, and drove me nuts until the "ah ha, sumbeeeyotch lookit that" moment hit. Gun runs great now.I run NATO ammo through my builds to give that extra oomph they sometimes need to keep from stovepiping.

14. Olga17

Olga17 C19 sounds like G19 Supporter

P80 builds require some fitment for sure.

All of mine have never felt good until lower rails were honed on a stone.
    This tends to save wasting many rounds.

Weekend G26 build for my daughter took some work.
    We went over the entire firearm during assembly.
    All her work mind you, I was only around for Q & A.
    I did perform the pre-travel reduction on my own, didn't have the time to explain.

For myself I completed a G21 lower.
    This was not fun and seemed misaligned regarding one of the pins.
    Managed to work through it though!

15. mattm

Trigger pin by any chance?

Olga17 likes this.
  16. Olga17

Olga17 C19 sounds like G19 Supporter

Not the trigger pin!
    Front locking block.

17. mattm

got ya. Just nice when they're together and working. I know I mentioned the dealer I got my sc (26) kit from mentioning alignment issues with that jig, and asking what I did to correct it.:rolleyes:..don't remember what I did but it is a carry gun these days.

18. mattm

old post, but my advantage arms .22lr kit works fine on my G17 slided P80's. Gen 3 based. Like it so much, think I'm getting the G19 kit for my 940C (G19 gen 3 guts)