Glock Forum banner

What is your favorite Glock Generation

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
The only Gen 3 that I have shot was a Glock 30 and I loved it. The finger groves were perfect and added a lot of stability to the grip. The trigger was pretty good too.

I think I like the Gen 5 better, but not by much. I wish the Gen 5 had finger grooves though.

I really like the Shadow Systems guns as well. I absolutely love the texture in them. There would certainly be no need to by Talon grips for them.

·
Registered
Glock 19 Gen 3
19 Posts
I voted Gen 3. Out of my Glocks I shoot the Gen 3 Glock 19 the best and it’s been my main carry gun. The finger grooves fit perfect and it just feels right. I do wish they offered finger grooves as a option on all Glocks. I would probably buy all of them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I voted Gen 3. Out of my Glocks I shoot the Gen 3 Glock 19 the best and it’s been my main carry gun. The finger grooves fit perfect and it just feels right. I do wish they offered finger grooves as a option on all Glocks. I would probably buy all of them.
I was shooting a friends Gen 3 G30 and I have to say that I love the finger groves. They really help you lock into the gun and get a phenomenal grip even on the snappy G30. I really like shooting that gun.

if I could have gotten a Gen 5 with finger grooves, I would have in a heart beat.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I was shooting a friends Gen 3 G30 and I have to say that I love the finger groves. They really help you lock into the gun and get a phenomenal grip even on the snappy G30. I really like shooting that gun.

if I could have gotten a Gen 5 with finger grooves, I would have in a heart beat.
That would be my choice also. The lack of finger grooves on the Gen 5’s is the only thing I don’t like about them. The finger groove placement seems to be based on average size hands which would explain why so many people find them uncomfortable. I’m not sure how it could be pulled off w/o a huge price increase, but custom molded receivers for each individual’s shooting hand would be nice.

101 - 112 of 112 Posts