Glock Firearms banner

What is your favorite Glock Generation

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have a 34 gen 3 but I selected a gen 4 in the poll. I would have bought a gen 4 but there wasn’t one to be had in the local shop.
The gen 4 has a dual spring and the mag release button is more stream lined.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
39,747 Posts
Why is it the gen 5 says gen 5 on the slide and the gen 3 doesn’t?
When they transitioned from the gen1 to the gen2 and then gen3, the previous generation was completely retired.
I’m thinking mainly because of California, the gen3 was not retired. In fact gen3 is still manufactured. So to distinguish the then new gen4 and then gen5, they marked the slides.
Additionally, Glock says it will retire gen4 model as the gen5 models are introduced.

·
Super Moderator
73,976 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have owned gens 3 4 and 5. Liked all but the no finger groves and slightly better out of the box trigger led me to vote fir 5.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I voted Gen-3

I’ve owned two 19 Gen-2’s, a 21C Gen-2.5, many 19 Gen-3’s and a 17 Gen-3. Currently still own my best 19 Gen-3, a really nice frying pan finish 26/Gen-3, both of those are circa early ‘09 and have the best factory triggers. Also currently own a 19FS Gen-4 and a 26 Gen-5 that I just purchased and haven’t picked up yet. I had to upgrade the trigger in the 19 Gen-4 because it was horrid compared to my Gen-3 triggers. Even after a fairly high round count.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Voted Gen 5.
Don't own many of them, but I love the grip on the G19 Gen 5 and my new G48. The G19 grip is a lot less blocky and fits my hands way better. The G48, well, I like it so much that it's my new carry gun (and the standard that all others must complete with).:love:

81 - 99 of 99 Posts