Glock Firearms banner

What is your favorite Glock Generation

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Glockin’ since 1993
39,745 Posts
I have a Glock19 Gen 5 and shoot my son-in-laws Glock 17 Gen 4. I really like the Gen 4 as the grooves do seem to fit my hand very well, but I bought the Gen 5 because my wife was going to shoot our Glock sometimes too and I was afraid the grooves might not be right for her hand size. She is perfectly happy with the Gen 5, and her other shooting is with a Smith and Wesson M&P 22 compact which she loves too.

The Gen 5 is just fine for both of us but I did have to take a knife and Dremel tool to smooth off the goofy magazine opening in the front of the grip. It definitely was annoying and somewhat sharp and cause irritation on my finger if I was shooting quite a bit. Interesting that Glock eliminated that on the next model the brought out.

Only other thing I might do to my Glock 19 is take a Dremel tool to the trigger guard and thin it out a little bit where it rubs on the knuckle of my middle finger if I shoot a lot. But, I don't have enough confidence to do that just yet. I did notice that Hickok45 says he does that to all of his Glocks.
The infamous Glock knuckle!
Had a class awhile back and really dug a hole in my knuckle.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I voted, for the gen 4 because that's what i have :)
Same here. All 8 of mine are Gen 4's with OOTB minus connectors and fully adjustable RR sights. I have no issues with any of them (one is still unfired, though), but I like the slide lock spring in the Gen 5 better than the Gen 4 spring.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Having owned Gen5 and Four pistols I'm going to say my Gen3 G17 is the finest, refined pistol, Frying Pan finish, smooth trigger no trigger bar bump as in Gen4, It's a perfect marriage of components. And shoots the lights out.

·
Proponet of High Velocity
910 Posts
Has anyone noticed the firing pin on the Gen5 is round, vs the old "slot" ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I switched to Gen5’s without testing first just to find I ride the thicker slide stop. Now I’ve sold off all six of my Glocks at this point as I’ve wanted to try other things (mostly SIG, Beretta and S&W M&P).

61 - 80 of 99 Posts