Glock Firearms banner

What is your favorite Glock Generation

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I voted for the Gen. 4. I like the finger grooves as they fit my hand perfectly, but I also like the rounded slide edges and flared grip bottom on the gen. 5...A Gen. 4-1/2 would be perfect.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
39,745 Posts
So I started with Gen2. Glock 21 to be exact. Then I wanted the rail for a light and switched to Gen3. I hate the finger grooves though. Gen4 didn't offer any "improvements" that I didn't feel necessary for me. If I needed to get a new Glock, I'd go Gen5.

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
My first Glocks were the gen.2 17, & 20. I have mostly gen.3’s now, and my gen.4 27/33. I really like the subcompact in gen.4. The others I’ll take any generation from 2 & up.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I prefer Gen 3's. I've owned a Gen 1, a Gen 2, and a Gen 3. I've rented a few Gen 4's and Gen 5's. The 3's, 4's, and 5's are all good guns with different pros and cons. The Gen 3 works best for me. The grip circumference is perfect for my hand. The trigger feels better to me than the Gen 4. It doesn't have that annoying cutout in the grip (Gen 5). I recently picked up a used (never been fired) Gen 3 G19 at a pawn shop. Love it!

·
Registered
212 Posts
So I started with Gen2. Glock 21 to be exact. Then I wanted the rail for a light and switched to Gen3. I hate the finger grooves though. Gen4 didn't offer any "improvements" that I didn't feel necessary for me. If I needed to get a new Glock, I'd go Gen5.
The finger grooves on the Gen 4 fit me perfectly. I only wish my target shooting followed that! :)

·
Banned
867 Posts
I have a Glock19 Gen 5 and shoot my son-in-laws Glock 17 Gen 4. I really like the Gen 4 as the grooves do seem to fit my hand very well, but I bought the Gen 5 because my wife was going to shoot our Glock sometimes too, and I was afraid the grooves might not be right for her hand size. She is perfectly happy with the Gen 5, and her other shooting is with a Smith and Wesson M&P 22 compact which she loves too.

The Gen 5 is just fine for both of us but I did have to take a knife and Dremel tool to smooth off the goofy magazine opening in the front of the grip. It definitely was annoying and somewhat sharp, and cause irritation on my finger if I was shooting quite a bit. Interesting that Glock eliminated that on the next model they brought out.

Only other thing I might do to my Glock 19 is take a Dremel tool to the trigger guard and thin it out a little bit where it rubs on the knuckle of my middle finger if I shoot a lot. But, I don't have enough confidence to do that just yet. I did notice that Hickok45 says he does that to all of his Glocks.

41 - 60 of 99 Posts