Glock Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why? The factory finish has a purpose...if you want a shiny or chrome gun then get something else...

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Why? The factory finish has a purpose...if you want a shiny or chrome gun then get something else...
Why not? The polished slide does not float my boat, but I couldn't care less what someone else does with their property. If it's yours and you want to do it, more power to you.

Some folks prefer everything tacticool black, others want everything bright and shiney, to each his own.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
43,383 Posts
Personalizing weapons goes back thousands of years.
How many of us alter our transportation. Wheels, paint etc.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just asking... Good points... Thanks

·
Chris
2,812 Posts
As my grandfather would have said before he passed (RIP) "some people like chicken **** on there strawberries" lol
It's all good !! What ever makes u happy is what matters . Some people like high points too . Lol

·
Beak 'em Hawks!
74 Posts
Yep. To each their own, I say too.

I polished the barrel and the slide serrations (those vertical pieces to rack the slide with) on my G19. I think it looks sharp. I also painted the letters on the slide a nice silver color. Thing is, I did it for me not what someone else would like. I don't care if it devalues the gun because it will always be in the family.

Wish I could provide a pic but I don't have software for my camera so I can put pics on the computer. Perhaps one day I'll take pics and go to Walgreen's and print some up then put them on the computer that way. Lot of trouble, though.

·
Banned
196 Posts
Junior-G-man said:
Yep. To each their own, I say too.

I polished the barrel and the slide serrations (those vertical pieces to rack the slide with) on my G19. I think it looks sharp. I also painted the letters on the slide a nice silver color. Thing is, I did it for me not what someone else would like. I don't care if it devalues the gun because it will always be in the family.

Wish I could provide a pic but I don't have software for my camera so I can put pics on the computer. Perhaps one day I'll take pics and go to Walgreen's and print some up then put them on the computer that way. Lot of trouble, though.
Pics? I would like to see that!

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Being a military gun, the Black coating's only purpose is "tactical".

GLock's protective "coating" is the tennifer.

Glock doesn't have a chrome option. So are you saying because someone wants another option that they can't have a Glock?

That's awefully "Henry Ford-ish" of you (you can have any color as long as it's black). ;)

To each his own. I happen to like shiny guns and tactical guns.

Shiny guns for self defense. Tactical guns for well, tactical situations.

:D

D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was just an observation and question...

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
the black is to keep the glare down, this is why most pistols and rifles have black tops
Exactly.

Although I'd say many have black tops/coatings. ;)

D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts