Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Glock Power
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to polish my Glock 17, gen 4 barrel. From the receiving ramp to the crown, I want to polish it all and do it right. However, inc also looking to do it cheap and easy. Any ideas or recommendations?

·
Banned
196 Posts
nukinfuts29 said:
thanks guys!!

I don't polish them with the dremel, don't feel tools are the right way to go. My services are done by hand, so you REALLY can't beat my prices :D
I did most of mine by hand also, just finished it up with the dremel to shine it up a bit more and it seemed to really help for me. But if I would've joined this forum before I did my mine I probably would have just sent it to you:)

·
Registered
254 Posts
So, I just polished my barrel. I like it, but it doesn't have that mirror shine like some of the pics on here. I soaked in vinegar for a little over 8 hrs, and then I used mothers polish, with a scotch brite pad. It looks good, just not shiny! ANY ADVISE???

Attachments

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
>>Scotch brite pad

Thats why it isnt shiney. Its going to be a bit harder now. You need a soft polishing cloth and the polish and a lot of rubbing.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I watched a video, and that process worked wells. So use the mothers, micro fiber towel, and rub rub rub???

P.s. You can see the dull finish a little better in this pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Oh, what should I use next? I currently have my G17 barrel soaking. What do I go get at Wally world RIGHT NOW?:) Barrel has been soaking about 6 hrs.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Uh...don't know what time zone you are in JMiles50, but over here it's 1:52AM Pacific...Saturday night....don't rightly know if you will get a lot of answers immediately.

Just a thought....

Cheers!

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
jmiles50 said:
I watched a video, and that process worked wells. So use the mothers, micro fiber towel, and rub rub rub???

P.s. You can see the dull finish a little better in this pic.
Yep. Mothers or Flitz should do it. Remember with compou d less is more

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.