Polishing Your Glock Barrel.

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Glockguy85, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Glockguy85

Glockguy85 Glock Power

I'm looking to polish my Glock 17, gen 4 barrel. From the receiving ramp to the crown, I want to polish it all and do it right. However, inc also looking to do it cheap and easy. Any ideas or recommendations?

2. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

3. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

...or you can hit up NukinFuts29...

4. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

^he has great pricing...

5. Glockguy85

Glockguy85 Glock Power

Much appreciated fellas...

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

+1 on nuckinfuts29

7. I did mine myself, but if you don't have a dremel and everything then you can't be his price.

image-1497853789.jpg

8. JPochron

JPochron New Member

Nukinfuts29 is the way to go. Does a fantastic job at a very reasonable price. Did mine and it looks great.

Joe

9. thanks guys!!

I don't polish them with the dremel, don't feel tools are the right way to go. My services are done by hand, so you REALLY can't beat my prices :D

10. I did most of mine by hand also, just finished it up with the dremel to shine it up a bit more and it seemed to really help for me. But if I would've joined this forum before I did my mine I probably would have just sent it to you:)

11. My very last step is the dremel. Low speed with a felt wheel, helps tie it all together.

12. Agreed. That's what I did also.

13. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

So, I just polished my barrel. I like it, but it doesn't have that mirror shine like some of the pics on here. I soaked in vinegar for a little over 8 hrs, and then I used mothers polish, with a scotch brite pad. It looks good, just not shiny! ANY ADVISE???

Attached Files:

14. >>Scotch brite pad

Thats why it isnt shiney. Its going to be a bit harder now. You need a soft polishing cloth and the polish and a lot of rubbing.

15. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

I watched a video, and that process worked wells. So use the mothers, micro fiber towel, and rub rub rub???

P.s. You can see the dull finish a little better in this pic.

Attached Files:

16. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

Oh, what should I use next? I currently have my G17 barrel soaking. What do I go get at Wally world RIGHT NOW?:) Barrel has been soaking about 6 hrs.

17. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Uh...don't know what time zone you are in JMiles50, but over here it's 1:52AM Pacific...Saturday night....don't rightly know if you will get a lot of answers immediately.

Just a thought....

Cheers!

18. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

So true. Hoping more nerds were sitting at home playing w guns!:)

19. Yep. Mothers or Flitz should do it. Remember with compou d less is more

20. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

Ok, well here we go. Thanks for all the advise!

Attached Files: