Glock Forum banner

Polished the 19 barrel

60K views 237 replies 52 participants last post by  jefro36 
#1 · (Edited)
Just recently purchased this Glock 19 and it had a small amount of holster wear on the exposed area of the barrel. Decided to shine it up a bit. Turned out awesome I think.

See less See more
#6 ·
Jkurtz,

That looks awesome! I assume the letters are done with white nail polish. I saw another thread about the lettering.

Is your entire barrel polished? Can you provide some instruction on how you did that and what tools and chemicals you used? I like it.

Thanks...

#9 ·
Turned out real nice LR...

Care to share how you did it...?

Did you use a certain polish...Flitz ?
Certainly! I used a fine #0000 steel wool using just a dab at a time of Flitz and Simichrome polishing paste, alternating between the two. I believe Flitz by itself would work just fine though. Go slow and wipe to see results as you go. It took about 15 minutes per side. I did all three sides of the flat surfaces of the barrel. I may do the entire barrel later.

#10 ·
LRodgers said:
Certainly! I used a fine #0000 steel wool using just a dab at a time of Flitz and Simichrome polishing paste, alternating between the two. I believe Flitz by itself would work just fine though. Go slow and wipe to see results as you go. It took about 15 minutes per side. I did all three sides of the flat surfaces of the barrel. I may do the entire barrel later.
That's interesting, can you post a pic of the barrel out of the slide?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.