Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just recently purchased this Glock 19 and it had a small amount of holster wear on the exposed area of the barrel. Decided to shine it up a bit. Turned out awesome I think.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks good man. My friend did two of his that way. I'm still on the fence about letting him do mine though. Just cause I can never change it back

·
Banned
196 Posts
I think you can send the barrel back to glock and they can refinish it with the black. I'm not 100% sure but I think you can. I did my 27 barrel, pins, and slide release and love it

·
Registered
227 Posts
Jkurtz,

That looks awesome! I assume the letters are done with white nail polish. I saw another thread about the lettering.

Is your entire barrel polished? Can you provide some instruction on how you did that and what tools and chemicals you used? I like it.

Thanks...

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Turned out real nice LR...

Care to share how you did it...?

Did you use a certain polish...Flitz ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Turned out real nice LR...

Care to share how you did it...?

Did you use a certain polish...Flitz ?
Certainly! I used a fine #0000 steel wool using just a dab at a time of Flitz and Simichrome polishing paste, alternating between the two. I believe Flitz by itself would work just fine though. Go slow and wipe to see results as you go. It took about 15 minutes per side. I did all three sides of the flat surfaces of the barrel. I may do the entire barrel later.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
LRodgers said:
Certainly! I used a fine #0000 steel wool using just a dab at a time of Flitz and Simichrome polishing paste, alternating between the two. I believe Flitz by itself would work just fine though. Go slow and wipe to see results as you go. It took about 15 minutes per side. I did all three sides of the flat surfaces of the barrel. I may do the entire barrel later.
That's interesting, can you post a pic of the barrel out of the slide?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Where can I buy Flitz polishing paste and 0000 steel wool. I hope it's not a stupid question but I'd like to polish the barrel and white out the lettering on my G30.

I think it will look nice. It's a small gun so all the details will really be visible.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Wouldn't removing the finish make it less durable? Even if it's stainless it will eventually start to deteriorate. Or is the tennifer in the steel itself?

1 - 20 of 238 Posts