Glock Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a question/concern of sorts with my polished Glock 23. Let me start by saying that I did not polish it myself (I honestly am not a huge fan) but a good deal will make a man break on his feelings every now and then. My issue is that I am starting to see rust on the slide and I have no idea why it's happening or what I can do the fix it. I will post a picture when I get home this evening but any advice, tips etc. that may be helpful?

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
OK, so it looks like whoever polished your slide removed enough material to get through the Tennifer layer.
You can't put it back on so now you'll need to work on keeping the rust away.

Use some flitz or mother's to get rid of the rust that you see. If that's not working, you'll need a stronger rust removed like Birchwood Casey rust remover. Don't get Birchwood Rust Remover on any blued/blacked part, it will eat through it.

Once the rust is removed, repolish a bit and then wipe with a silicone impregnated cloth, or ballistol, or Break Free Collector's Oil. YOu don't have to soak it but enough to protect it. From this point forward, you'll need to wipe off the acidic oils from your skin every day to prevent rust from coming back.

It's either this, or get whatever part it is that is polished (slide/barrel) cerakoted/duracoated/blued.

HTH
D

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
VA-via-Brasil said:
Thank you very much dwcfastrice.
NP. I'm fighting with this issue on a marlin .22 rifle I restored. The polished barrel picks up rust if you look at it wrong.

D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.