Polished internals

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by jmiles50, Apr 23, 2012.

1. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

For the first time, I broke down both if my Glock's. I've been intimidated about fully breaking them down, but I figured I'd go for it. Polished a few things up while I was in there. Took some pics.

Attached Files:

2. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Very nice so how hard was it to break it down and put it back together? I want to clean mine but like you I'am nervous

3. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Yes. If you take your time, and do it while watching TV and eating breakfast.

Seriously, it is ridiculously easy. All you need to pay attention to really is the location of the pins for reassembly.

4. hey hey 30 seconds is fast enough for me. When i finish her any faster she complains.

5. Oddball Gunner

Oddball Gunner New Member

Looks nice. How did you do it? I'm thinking of polishing my trigger bar but not sure how to proceed. I don't own a Dremel, well not yet anyway. Is it as simple as using a Dremel and some automotive polishing compound?

6. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

If you can't afford a Dremel, you can get cheaper AC powered rotary tools (like from Harbor Freight, or even Walmart!) that can use Dremel brand tips.

7. it's a waste of time. the "$0.25 trigger job" does nothing

8. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Spend your time shooting it instead, it polishes itself and you save the $.25 and the time, and your shooting improves!

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Bravo sir...well done !

10. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

Well, I actually did it to learn how to do it. Yeah, it was pretty easy to do once I got it going. I didn't try to go for the 25cent trigger job, just wanted to get in the and clean everything out for once. I already have a ghost trigger, so the trigger wasn't really a concern. I had a good time learning about it though. Just wanted to share.

11. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Attached Files:

12. GBob

GBob New Member

I learned to take my Glocks apart from watching a youtube vid. I am not mechanically inclined, but I do posses enough common sense to keep me out of most trouble. Whomever is even slightly interested in a complete detail strip of their Glock, find a vid and go for it. Once you've done it you'll do a face-palm and say "what took me so long".

I did the $.25 trigger job on my three Glocks and maybe I can feel a difference or maybe not. I used an old rag, some Q-tips and a bit of Flitz. All the parts in question came out with a mirror finish. Maybe that all was a waste of time, but I sure enjoyed doing it.

Also, while I was in there, I installed a Lone Wolf 3.5lb connector into my Gen 4 27. I took the dot connector out of the 27 and put it into my 26. The pull weight on both guns was decreased, but the LW connector added substantial difficulty in racking the 27's slide. So I switched the connectors in the two baby Glocks and came out with a winner. The original Dot connector in the 27 is pretty sweet and it racks just fine. The 26 is not as crisp as it once was, but it's much lighter. I may order the Glock OEM Minus connector from a vendor and give that a try.

Anyhow I would not have had all this fun had I not ventured into the unknown.

Good luck guys