Pocket knife

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by lilnoug, Mar 6, 2012.

1. lilnoug

lilnoug New Member

What are some quality knife brands?

2. sgtglock

sgtglock New Member

If you want a good trapper style I like Case or Moore Maker. For a lockback Kershaw is good.

3. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

A few examples of ranges:

Chris Reeve ( $600.00 fine custom )
    ( there are more quality fine & expensive out there)
    Benchmade ( $ 150.00 quality)
    Kershaw. ( $80.00 still nice )
    Spiderco ( $30-150 quality and cheap like keeshaw)

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum lilnoug !!

5. lilnoug

lilnoug New Member

Not looking for a custom knife yet. I like to own a knife or two and figure out what I like first. Never heard of Kershaw, will research them. I saw benchmade at cabela's, they were one of the pricier ones they carried. I'll look into those too. Thanks for the welcome message. This forum let's me not focus at work :)

6. few more....

Columbia River
    Emerson
    Cold Steel

7. iamthedood

The Emerson & cold steel are much above crkt IMO ( as they NEVER identify the material ie what kind of steel the knife is made of... You'll NEVER find a s30v ss crkt just saying I'd rather have a gerber or a buck than crkt ( just sayin')

8. That's fine but the OP was asking about a pocket knife. I took that as asking about a decent EDC knife and CRKT falls into a decent low cost EDC catagory.

But you are correct the Emerson and Cold Steel knives are of course much better overall and also reflect that in price{in some cases}

9. iamthedood

I forgot to mention sog as a good knife for the $$$

10. shiflet

shiflet New Member

I've become a fan of kershaw. Seem to keep there edge for longer than most knives ive come accross and used.

11. Donn

Donn Active Member

I've carried a Wenger Swiss Army Commander almost 40 years. It's versatility can't be beat. I augment it with a Spyderco Delica with a fully serated blade for bigger jobs, tougher material than a straight blade can cut thru efficiently. I have many others, all good quality, but these two go with me pretty much every day.

12. Case makes very good pocket knives, but make sure you don't get one with the chrome blades, they don't hold an edge as well as the surgical blades. Cold Steel is an awesome knife in fixed or folding knives. Kershaw is another good maker that is still reasonably priced.

13. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Any pictures to share?

14. american lockpicker

american lockpicker New Member

Around a decade ago Wenger made some SAKs with serratted blades. I have quite a few of their SAKs. :) I'll post pics later if anyone wants to see them.

15. echo4papa

echo4papa New Member

Spyderco (Tenacious)
    Spyderco (Para-Military & Para-Military 2)
    Emerson (CQC)
    CRKT (Vertex Assisted opening)
    KA-Bar (K2)
    Benchmade (Griptiilian)

These are just some of my EDC knives. The choice is yours my friend.

Check out
    www.bladehq.com
    www.edcknives.com

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  16. Donn

Donn Active Member

The other factor in this decision is the fact that a pocket knife is, as we used to say in the Army, a disposable asset. They get lost, stolen, lent and never returned, broken. Comes down to how much can you afford to lose?