Glock Forum banner
121 - 140 of 196 Posts

· Premium Member
10,882 Posts
If it were me, I would buy a 16” barrel, handguard and stock before giving the government $200. They have proven time and time again, that they abuse my money.
Taxation is theft, especially on a infringement that is Constitutionally a right.

Reactions: 202 and RIP

· Premium Member
10,882 Posts
It actually goes back further than that, the whiskey rebellion and the troops were sent by none other than George Washington,taxation was to repay Revolutionary war debt.

Reactions: 202 and Olga17

· Premium Member
10,882 Posts
Reactions: 202 and Danzig

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,492 Posts
GOP lawmakers, NRA slam ATF rule to regulate pistol braces: 'Unconstitutional overreach'

I think if this goes to the courts we might be in trouble. If the courts deem the NFA as legal and SBR as a legal designation then the court could say people found a loophole with the pistolbrace and exploited it as an end run around the SBR.
At least that’s the angle I believe the government will take.
Being legal for 10 years will be moot.
I surely hope it gets recalled before the full implementation. I’ve got at least 6 of them now.
As of now I don’t plan on registering them.
If it goes through the court system it could take years for a reversal like the bump stock ban.

· Premium Member
10,882 Posts
I think if this goes to the courts we might be in trouble. If the courts deem the NFA as legal and SBR as a legal designation then the court could say people found a loophole with the pistolbrace and exploited it as an end run around the SBR.
At least that’s the angle I believe the government will take.
Being legal for 10 years will be moot.
I surely hope it gets recalled before the full implementation. I’ve got at least 6 of them now.
As of now I don’t plan on registering them.
If it goes through the court system it could take years for a reversal like the bump stock ban.
From things I've read I think it will be a chevron deference angle, have to see the suit to know for sure

Reactions: 202 and Danzig

· Premium Member
10,882 Posts
I heard at the range today, completely unverified, that if you register your brace within 120 days, then there is no $200 fee.
That was in the AFT ruling and been presented in many of the videos, it's also been referred to as a potential trap.

Reactions: 202, Danzig and RIP

· Premium Member
10,882 Posts

Reactions: Danzig

· Premium Member
10,882 Posts

· Premium Member
10,882 Posts

· Premium Member
10,882 Posts
ATF NEWS! Gun Owners of America Uncovers Fatal Flaw In Pistol Brace Rule...IT'S A TRAP!!!

121 - 140 of 196 Posts