Glock Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On August 8, 2018, I made the 120-mile voyage to the Glock factory in Smyrna, GA.

The security was impressive, armored, and very polite. The guard put a coil lock on my Glock and asked me to leave all other weapons in my car when I entered the building. CC was strictly prohibited.

The staff was extremely professional and polite. After ringing an intercom doorbell, I was buzzed into a waiting area that was approximately 25 x 25 feet. There were chairs all around the walls and a giant TV playing Glock commercials and infomercials. Unfortunately, this was the only room to which I was given access.

Seconds after I was buzzed into that room, an armorer entered, introduced himself, and asked what he could do for me. I told him my Glock 22 is 21 years old, is showing significant wear, that I wanted it checked for safety and would like a new recoil spring and anything else the armorer felt was necessary.

The armorer examined it quickly, then said it looked like I had used it a lot and taken good care of it. Then he smiled and said, “Give me an hour or so. You can wait here or leave and come back.” Hungry, I decided to seek food. The security guard gave me directions to a good BBQ place nearby.

An hour or so later, I returned from the restaurant, went through security again, and returned to the nice little waiting room. I waited less than 5 minutes before the armorer entered the room, handed me my cable-locked Glock, and explained the work he had done. He also gave me a printed invoice. I was charged absolutely nothing, and the following things were replaced on my 21-year-old Glock:
1. Connector
2. Extractor
3. Spring Loaded Bearing
4. Extractor depressor plunger
5. Extractor depressor plunger spring
6. Firing pin
7. Spacer sleeve
8. Firing Pin spring
9. Firing Pin spring cup
10. Firing Pin Channel liner
11. Firing Pin safety
12. Firing Pin safety spring
13. Locking Block
14. Locking Block pin
15. Recoil Spring
16. Sight Rear
17. Sight Front
18. Slide Lock
19. Slide Lock Spring
20. Slide Stop Lever
21. Trigger housing with Ejector
22. Trigger Spring
23. Trigger with Trigger Bar
24. New mag

All for FREE! I am enormously impressed! If more businesses did business like Glock, this world would be a much better place!

For CC I am partial to the Springfield XD family of pistols, and Springfield’s customer service is good. However, after my experience at the Glock factory today, my already high respect for Glock has increased exponentially.

In response to questions I asked, the Glock armorer confirmed that the SF frame (which I think became an option with Gen 3) is the base frame for Gen 4 and 5. The armorer also said that he does not know all of the corporate plans, but as far as he knows, 9 mm is the only caliber that will be offered as Gen 5 in the near future. Those of us who prefer 40 and 45 should not hold our breath for those to be offered as Gen 5.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Hi, Silver-Bolt!
I wonder what #3 is?
It's the plastic piece at the slide backplate end of the extractor depressor plunger spring (red arrow below).
Spring loaded bearing 1.jpg

Best regards,

Bob

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
RevV, thanks for sharing your experience at Glock. Very impressive customer service, especially as a walk-in and then all wrapped up in a timely manner. Excellent.

Reactions: RevV

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes. I was VERY impressed. I called first to ask if an appointment was necessary. They said it was not.

Glock's customer service got me off of the fence regarding my next pistol purchase; it will now be another Glock for sure!

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Welcome to this forum, RevV! Best introductory story I’ve heard yet.

Reactions: RevV and Mark40

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update: Glock's customer service led me to purchase a Glock 26 (Gen 5) rather than the other pistol I was considering.

I LOVE the 26!

However, 2 of my friends limp-wristed it and caused malfunctions. I have had no malfunctions from it in over 500 rds. I'm no superstar, but I know how to grip a pistol; they did not.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If it took that long, they must have went to lunch at the same time. It usually takes about 10-15 minutes to totally strip and rebuild a Glock.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If it took that long, they must have went to lunch at the same time. It usually takes about 10-15 minutes to totally strip and rebuild a Glock.
It was around lunchtime. I went to lunch while it was being working on. It may have been finished while I was away eating.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts