Glock Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having problems assembling my PF45. The rear part of the trigger extension bar, when I compare it to a P80 (G19) seems to be riding higher than the G19 does. Is this normal? When I get the slide on I have to remove the firing pin assembly and extractor depressor plunger to get the slide to come off! I've attached two photos. I appreciate any help y'all can give me.

Attachments

·
Low speed High drag
2,486 Posts
For the life of me I can't find the link that shows you where to sand down the trigger housing. I built 1 in 10mm and had to do this as I had the same issue. I think there is also a trigger housing that fits but can't remember if that's correct? Sorry I can't be of more help!
And welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I am having problems assembling my PF45. The rear part of the trigger extension bar, when I compare it to a P80 (G19) seems to be riding higher than the G19 does. Is this normal? When I get the slide on I have to remove the firing pin assembly and extractor depressor plunger to get the slide to come off! I've attached two photos. I appreciate any help y'all can give me.
I wonder if your rear slide rail/trigger housing mechanism is seated all the way down in the frame. I know two of my 9mm compacts I had to enlarge/deepen the rail holes a 32 nd. or so.
One way to check front locking block rail and the rear rail alignment is to check with a level.

That said I think your problem maybe PF 45 trigger housing fix.

This is Marine Gun Builders Polymer 80 site with a wealth of information,I refer to it as MGB P 80 university

Reactions: Greywood and Olga17

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder if your rear slide rail/trigger housing mechanism is seated all the way down in the frame. I know two of my 9mm compacts I had to enlarge/deepen the rail holes a 32 nd. or so.
One way to check front locking block rail and the rear rail alignment is to check with a level.

That said I think your problem maybe PF 45 trigger housing fix.

This is Marine Gun Builders Polymer 80 site with a wealth of information,I refer to it as MGB P 80 university

My ejector is fitting tight to the top of the frame. I suspect the cruciform metal piece at the back of the trigger bar is riding too high for some reason and this may be related to my problem with the slide fitting. After removing the striker and its spring from the slide I found it does not lock the slide in place to where I have to remove the slide cover plate to get the slide off.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
My ejector is fitting tight to the top of the frame. I suspect the cruciform metal piece at the back of the trigger bar is riding too high for some reason and this may be related to my problem with the slide fitting. After removing the striker and its spring from the slide I found it does not lock the slide in place to where I have to remove the slide cover plate to get the slide off.
If you are using Glock OEM parts the cruciform shouldn't be setting that high,I know that it can be adjusted up or down at the tail but in all the Glocks and P 80's I've seen never required it. With the known housing problems I would check it very closely because that's the one thing besides your pin hole being drilled out of spec that controls the hight of the trigger bar and thus the cruciform ride hight, hight,assuming OEM parts. If the parts are not OEM all the specs to me would be in question.

Reactions: Danzig

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are using Glock OEM parts the cruciform shouldn't be setting that high,I know that it can be adjusted up or down but in all the Glocks and P 80's I've seen never required it. With the known housing problems I would check it very closely because that's the one thing besides your pin hole being drilled out of spec that controls the hight of the trigger bar and thus the cruciform ride hight, hight,assuming OEM parts. If the parts are not OEM all the specs to me would be in question.
The trigger mechanism housing is from lone wolf. if I take the striker and striker spring out it no longer locks up the slide. I am still suspicious about the height of the cruciform.
I may have to suck it up and get a Glock trigger mechanism housing, though I sure hate to troubleshoot by substitution parts! We were taught to fix units in the Navy by substituting spare parts; but I do not have an almost unlimited budget like we did back in the 90s in the Navy.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
The trigger mechanism housing is from lone wolf. if I take the striker and striker spring out it no longer locks up the slide. I am still suspicious about the height of the cruciform.
I may have to suck it up and get a Glock trigger mechanism housing, though I sure hate to troubleshoot by substitution parts! We were taught to fix units in the Navy by substituting spare parts; but I do not have an almost unlimited budget like we did back in the 90s in the Navy.
I hear and understand you as a example of myself I bought a P 80 lower parts kit on my first P 80 build.
I had so many problems using it so I stripped out a Glock 17 and assembled the lower parts in my P 80 build, everything worked and functioned 100% so I ordered all the lower OEM parts and when they arrived put them in the G 17. I learned a valuable lesson,I no longer spend any funds on other that Glock factory OEM parts and these days they can be difficult to locate at reasonable prices.
if you knew everything else in the housing were correct, thinking of the drop safety, you could adjust the tail of the cruciform for bend angle. Glock states 60% or better engagement of the tail piece on the striker lug personally I prefer 90% or better.
I feel, am responsible for passing all the safety checks when I'm building a P 80 and I've used other trigger bars to get correct engagement surfaces rather than going thru the steps needed to bend the angle of the cruciform tail pice but thats just me.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I am getting some OEM Glock parts and see how it goes then. I strongly suspect the heigth of the cruciform area is the cause of my problem.
"I strongly suspect the heigth of the cruciform area is the cause of my problem."
I agree from your description and what I see in the pictures yes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you have a Glock armorors backplate? That would help you see the engagement and help you adjust accordingly. Save your money for now. That is a simple problem to fix. You will need to bend the cruciform, but you can create a dangerous gun without that backplate to allow you to see the result.

Reactions: Olga17

·
Legitimate Combatant
5,648 Posts
Lone Wolf trigger housing is notorious for not seating all the way down.
No mention of your slide and coating.
Cerakote may need cleaned out of the rails.
These two items could provide the tolerance needed.

Have you tested with a magazine and dummy rounds? This too will force slide to ride higher.

I would only bend cruciform as a last resort.
Lone Wolf striker may also be too tall.
If you hone the striker remove very little and keep its original form.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts