Permitless carry now legal in Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by HJB, Nov 1, 2019.

1. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

Oklahoma Supreme Court denied an injunction to keep permitless carry from going into effect in Oklahoma. Concealed and open carry now legal without a permit with a few exceptions.

BuzzinSATX likes this.
  2. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Yep, we are now a constitutional state.

BuzzinSATX and Southlake like this.

3. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    There’ll be blood in the streets! Think about the children!!!
    :rolleyes: eye roll eye roll

Toni77 likes this.
  4. MamboMedic

MamboMedic Well-Known Member Supporter

This may be a dumb question. If you live in a permitless state, what do you do if you have to cross state lines? Is there a permit process anyway? I’d be surprised if another state allowed you to carry concealed without a CCW. I don’t think the full faith and credit clause will work otherwise we would already have HR 38. I’m obviously not a constitutional scholar and not trying to start anything, I’m really curious as I don’t live in a constitutional state.
    thanks

5. TheKraken

Yes, as a matter of fact I am sending in my gun license renewal application next week for another 10 year term. Although I don't need it here in Oklahoma any longer but if I do go into a state that isn't a Constitutional State, I will have to have a gun license to be legal in that state.

MyKey and Southlake like this.
  6. MamboMedic

MamboMedic Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks for the answer. Appreciate it.

7. TheKraken

You are most welcome.

8. Defendandprotect32

Defendandprotect32 Well-Known Member

Chicago
    you would think that now,a Oklahoma drivers license, without outstanding warrants,or any reason for carry revocation,would be adequate for states with reciprocity with ok.

9. Spoken like an adult who never had kids! :p

Danzig likes this.
  10. TheKraken

Yes, but then they couldn't charge $170 for the license.

11. Southlake

Southlake Island Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Florida renewal is 7 years, but only $40.

12. TheKraken

Wow, that's really good. I can choose 5 year or 10 year. I always do the 10 year even though it is $170.
    The 5 year license is $100 I believe.

13. Southlake

Southlake Island Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Florida has lower taxes, Trump thinks so too.

14. TheKraken

15. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

I have a small problem with mine that I’m working on getting fixed IMG_1256.jpg

16. Defendandprotect32

Chicago
    yea,not a fan of n.y. for obvious reasons.

17. Defendandprotect32

Chicago
    lol,can't quite see the month.

18. TheKraken

Mine expires in January, 2020.

19. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

That was the issue the renewal was sent to the wrong address although I notified them of the change prior . Florida is easy 100 % through the mail

20. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

In Texas, we only get original for 4 years, renewal good for 5 years. Hopefully we will be constitutional carry soon.

BuzzinSATX and IAhunter like this.