Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking at buying more Glock pistols to pult in main occupied parts of the house. These pistols would be locked up in a quick accessible pistol safe. Crime has unfortunately moved out to our neighborhood that normally was never an issue.

I want a g34, I love the feel of it and the first few shots I shoot with it. In fact the first four shots were in the bullseye, but then due to it shooting softer, I get lazy and losen my grip and cause a limp wrist malfunction while shooting. I don't have this problem with my G40, G41 or G35. This is the gun I want, but the automatic losening of my grip due to less recoil plays in the back of my mind.

When I shot the g45, I definitely shoot better groups with it. But I hate how it's not as smooth as the g34. I get it, the g34 is smother due to the mass of the slide compared to the g45.

Should I meet in the middle and get a G17? I have a wife that does not shoot much either, so what route would you guys take? This will not be a daily carry and will sit in room safes. The targets were from 10 yards.
Font Indoor games and sports Recreation Circle Pattern

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,327 Posts
Do you think you’re going to have loose grip during a defense situation?
If you’re just wanting duplicates in certain rooms in small vaults, I’d lean toward having them all the same.
There’s a bit of a jump in price when I was in the market for a new Gen5 awhile back. I ended up getting a 17 and put on an aftermarket 34 slide.
I like the feel of a 34 an additional plus is the muzzle is far enough forward to keep a weapon light lens soot free.

· Registered
143 Posts
THIS.

Dont worry about a loose grip during a self defense situation. Your heart will be pounding heavier than a Van Halen bass track, your adrenaline will be flowing like a Japanese Tsunami and you'll have a Vulcan Death Grip on your firearm. You won't even notice a 100-lb trigger pull.

· Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you’re just wanting duplicates in certain rooms in small vaults, I’d lean toward having them all the same.
There’s a bit of a jump in price when I was in the market for a new Gen5 awhile back. I ended up getting a 17 and put on an aftermarket 34 slide.
I like the feel of a 34 an additional plus is the muzzle is far enough forward to keep a weapon light lens soot free.
You do make a valid point sir with the loose grip during a defensive situation. With adrenaline kicking in, they probably won't be a problem.

What didn't you like about the g17 that made you get the g34 slide?

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,327 Posts
You do make a valid point sir with the loose grip during a defensive situation. With adrenaline kicking in, they probably won't be a problem.

What didn't you like about the g17 that made you get the g34 slide?
I like all of the models. I’d be confident in any of them too.
The reason I changed the slide on my 17 to a 34 was just a little project.
I’ve been carrying a 35 on duty for years but carry a 22/357Sig barrel also.

· Registered
1,014 Posts
G45 is my favorite Glock.

Not sure how many you plan on distributing all around the house. Money can come into play.

I am really liking the Caniks. The triggers are heads and tails better over any factory Glock. You can drop a 20rd factory mag into any of them including the $400 TP9SC. They all come ready to run optics with adapter plates. This is $475 as equipped. Not sure if it comes with a 12 and a 15 rd or not. It doesn't say. My TP9SC Elite came with the 15, and 12. It was under $400.

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Recreation

My favorite "pistol" for home defense is my Extar9 that likes Glock mags and has places to hang gizmos like lights, dots, and lasers. 7.5" barrel.

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

I dropped this above into my cart @ $499.99, requested the emailed special price code. $419. 2 20rd mags 5.25" barrel changeable back straps, tools 2 different mag release buttons, holster, optic ready, and an excellent trigger. This is a factory "race gun." However the trigger isn't stupid light. The pull is definitely "streetable."

Canik linkie: Handguns | Locked & Loaded Limited

· Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
G45 is my favorite Glock.

Not sure how many you plan on distributing all around the house. Money can come into play.

I am really liking the Caniks. The triggers are heads and tails better over any factory Glock. You can drop a 20rd factory mag into any of them including the $400 TP9SC. They all come ready to run optics with adapter plates. This is $475 as equipped. Not sure if it comes with a 12 and a 15 rd or not. It doesn't say. My TP9SC Elite came with the 15, and 12. It was under $400.

View attachment 278733

My favorite "pistol" for home defense is my Extar9 that likes Glock mags and has places to hang gizmos like lights, dots, and lasers. 7.5" barrel.

View attachment 278732
I dropped this above into my cart @ $499.99, requested the emailed special price code. $419. 2 20rd mags 5.25" barrel changeable back straps, tools 2 different mag release buttons, holster, optic ready, and an excellent trigger. This is a factory "race gun." However the trigger isn't stupid light. The pull is definitely "streetable."

Canik linkie: Handguns | Locked & Loaded Limited

Not to get off topic but I jumped off the Canik train last year. I bought the SFT and SFX METE they were both garbage, both of them were getting light primer strikes on quality ammo. I brought my Glock just to make sure and it shot the ammo the Canik couldn't. Customer service was pretty much non existence. Still had the same issue after they looked at it and I sold them. From what I am read and see, their newer stuff has not been great since the release of the METE. I was a introduced to Canik in 2012 with the first TP9, and I still have all of them up until the mete line. I just don't trust them like I used too. The models that you listed above have worked great and I have no complaints and i fact I still have them, I just have trust issues after my experience with those two guns.

· Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That Glock 45 group looks like a pretty good pattern. And that’s the one that I would go with.
View attachment 278731
Yeah......thats the hard part since I shot the g45 so well. But the first 4 shots were dead center at a little past 10 yards with the g34.

Youtube seems to direct me to the G45 and my target shows that, but the "feels" of the g45 does not feel balanced like the g34.

So I came to the forum for some real answers, and I feel like its 50/50 with the responses with which one to get.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,327 Posts
Damn did you colorfill the wrangler too?

:ROFLMAO:
When I bought the Jeep this year, I thought it looked chintzy with the blank spaces on the grab handle.
I found a company on Amazon that sold color matched lettering.
Rectangle Font Circle Paper Number

Laser cut and look pretty good I think.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts