Passed my shooting test!

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by onionz, Oct 3, 2018.

1. onionz

onionz Member

Hi everyone I'm Ryan, new member. I took my test for my permit to carry and passed! Just got to apply now. Guess which shot was my first?
    [​IMG]

cazbass, Sparky_D and jamesdo72 like this.
  2. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Congratulations. Head shot or the one that missed the paper lol

onionz likes this.

3. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Hey congratulations onionz on passing your test.

onionz likes this.
  4. onionz

onionz Member

Was the head shot. Gave me a good laugh.

cazbass, TheKraken and Dark Knight like this.
  5. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Was it aimed there or a flinch ?

6. onionz

onionz Member

I think I wasn't prepared for the trigger pull.

7. Congratulations. Stay safe...

onionz likes this.
  8. cnutco

cnutco Well-Known Member Supporter

Congrats!

onionz likes this.
  9. Peepaw

Peepaw Well-Known Member

Congrats and welcome to yah.

onionz likes this.
  10. jamesdo72

jamesdo72 Active Member

Congratulations!
    I've only been a forum member for about a year. Let me be first to say, you've found good company. The folks on here are quick to help and share knowledge that is invaluable to people new to carry. Carry safe & welcome!

11. CCSir

CCSir Well-Known Member Supporter

Ohio
    Excellent!!! Congratulations!

12. cazbass

cazbass Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome, onionz, to this forum! You’re going to like it here...!

13. eltell

eltell Well-Known Member

UK
    Hi Ryan, firstly, congrats on passing your test. Presumably you're from the USA, I'm just interested in what tests you have to go through before you can carry. Is it the same for all states? Being in the UK our laws are entirely different.

onionz and cazbass like this.
  14. onionz

onionz Member

In Minnesota you need to take a class and pass a background check.

15. MWJOHNSON

MWJOHNSON Republic Of Texas & 50K Contest Winner Member Supporter

SE Texas
    good job, congrats

onionz likes this.
  16. MWJOHNSON

MWJOHNSON Republic Of Texas & 50K Contest Winner Member Supporter

SE Texas
    In Texas we have to shoot 50 rounds from the 3 yard line, 7 yard line & the 15 yard line on a B27 target, a score of 70% or 175 out of 250 points is required to pass.

When I took my test I waded all of my shots into about a 1-1/2" - 2" circle, the instructor came by and asked me "how he would know that all of my shots are going into the circle", I replied, "put you hand behind the circle and you'll find out real quick". He opt'd for just watching me during the next round of shots...................................smart man.

jamesdo72, oak96 and TheKraken like this.
  17. oak96

oak96 Active Member

Welcome and congrats on your new license. I am surprised you have to take a shooting test in Texas.

onionz likes this.
  18. jamesdo72

jamesdo72 Active Member

Ha! I got similar response when I posted my qualifier target on reddit. In IL, it is 10 rds at 5, 7 & 10 yds.
    Hope this link works as I couldn't resist giving the commenter some sarcasm.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/illinoiscc..._now_i_wait_on_the/?utm_source=reddit-android[​IMG]

TheKraken, cazbass and onionz like this.
  19. onionz

onionz Member

cazbass likes this.
  20. Riff22

Riff22 Active Member

Hello. Welcome to the forum from Arizona, USA. The requirements vary widely from state to state. Arizona is a very pro second amendment state and other states like New York and California are not. In AZ we have “constitutional carry” no permit required to carry in most situations. That being said, everyone I know who carries open or concealed still has their permit. Which is obtained by taking a class and submitting fingerprints to the state police and having a background check done. Hope this helps

cazbass likes this.