Passed my Police physical test today!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mauro3005, Apr 20, 2012.

1. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

I'm glad I passed the test. It was challenging but it did good. So step 1 is down now 1 million more to go!

2. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Good job, and good luck on the rest.

A quick pointer on the psychological exam.....whatever you answer, make sure you are consistent, you will hear and see the same questions phrased differently over and over, make sure you don't change your response.

3. Congrats!

And yea nail on the head with psych. Also be honest, they are trying to trip the liars up and they can figure it out. Better to always be honest, because honesty always has a better chance of getting a chance to explain than a liar.

4. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

In So Cal, if you fail a psych test and apply at a different police department, one of the first questions you will be asked is.."Have you ever applied anywhere else, and what was the outcome." If you answer honestly, many departments will show you the door and won't even want to hear your explanation. Bottom line, as said above, is to be honest, don't try to make yourself better than you are because those psych tests are designed to pick out dishonesty.

5. Tape

Tape New Member

Congrats///

6. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

Thanks for the advice guys! I know it's a tough selection process coming up but I'll give it 100% and if it's meant to be it'll work out

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Congrats...good luck on the pysch...and be safe out there...!

8. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Congrats!!! I remember doing about 20 of those back in the day when I was trying to get one with different agencies around the area. It took me 6 years but I finally got on in 2006 with a local Sheriff's office. Now I'm actually a Fed and love it!!! Be consistent with all your answers. When you get to your board interview stick to your guns/be consistent with each and every question, even if you don't know the correct answer.

9. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Congratulations!!

10. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

11. wivtx1800

wivtx1800 New Member

Congrats and good luck on the rest. Those pysch test are fun. I get to take one every 5 years for my job.

12. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Congrats dude!!!!