Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday morning I left about 7am and got back around 9pm.... I passed my CCW course and used my G23 to qualify. The whole time in class the instructor kept saying how he hated Glocks and that they were bricks in your hand and blah blah blah....He of course had a table full of Rugers, S&W's, and a Colt 1911. So I listened and kept falling asleep on long stories but it was informative and when we got out to shoot. I pulled out the Glock and my OWB holster to shoot at a 8x11 sheet of paper from 15 ft... I practice at 25 ft mostly.. No big deal. I thought but I kept shaking nervous because this guy is watching...50 rounds two hit off paper, keyholed a few though. I think I would rather shoot at an attacker than be judged on how I shoot!!!!LMAO... All in all it was a good course and I am glad I took it. I knew most of the material but still learned a little and got to shoot the 1911 which was the first time I shot one. Way too many levers and safeties and this and that... So was the Beretta I shot!! I think I will keep it simple and just stick with my Glock and future Glocks... Just thought I would share

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
loneranger said:
Saturday morning I left about 7am and got back around 9pm.... I passed my CCW course and used my G23 to qualify. The whole time in class the instructor kept saying how he hated Glocks and that they were bricks in your hand and blah blah blah....He of course had a table full of Rugers, S&W's, and a Colt 1911. So I listened and kept falling asleep on long stories but it was informative and when we got out to shoot. I pulled out the Glock and my OWB holster to shoot at a 8x11 sheet of paper from 15 ft... I practice at 25 ft mostly.. No big deal. I thought but I kept shaking nervous because this guy is watching...50 rounds two hit off paper, keyholed a few though. I think I would rather shoot at an attacker than be judged on how I shoot!!!!LMAO... All in all it was a good course and I am glad I took it. I knew most of the material but still learned a little and got to shoot the 1911 which was the first time I shot one. Way too many levers and safeties and this and that... So was the Beretta I shot!! I think I will keep it simple and just stick with my Glock and future Glocks... Just thought I would share
Congratulations!! What state are you in...

·
Registered
479 Posts
Congrats! Funny how instructors can pass along their biases to their students.

So, to qualify, you were scored simply for hits in target (ie, anything touching the 8.5x11 paper) and not scored on X-ring vs 9-ring vs 8-ring? That is, a hit is a hit is a hit.

What other qualifications did you have to do, if any? Such as, single hand right, single hand left, kneeling, prone ;), etc. Or is all that reserved for the field test with your LEA?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Congrats! I also have the same opinion on Glock's. That's why I chose Glock... The lack of a manual safety, I decided was best for me. In a SHTF situation am I going to remember to TURN OFF A MANUAL SAFETY? In my opinion I would rather not have to... That's why I love my Glock. Trigger finger placement should be practiced regardless of a manual safety or not...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Congratulations, I turned in my application last Wednesday and am waiting for the call to pick my license up. Stay safe

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to all... I am in Ohio. I am hoping to get my application done and into the Sheriff next week. I will let you know my wait time. My buddy got his in two days. We will see.

·
Registered
105 Posts
loneranger said:
Thanks to all... I am in Ohio. I am hoping to get my application done and into the Sheriff next week. I will let you know my wait time. My buddy got his in two days. We will see.
I'm in Ohio too, it's been A week since I turned in my form so I'm hoping for a call back soon

·
Registered
547 Posts
Welcome to the "club". :cool:

Now the weight of CCW is on your shoulders, carry well, train often, stay safe.

As for the instructors opinions on Glocks, let it roll off your back without another thought. Many love Glocks and several other brands at the same time, others are either snobs or just prefer other guns. That is part of what makes this Country great, the freedom of choice.:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congrats!!!! At least you did learn some new useful stuff, sounds like the test was easy!

You guys are lucky you can get your CCW approved to quickly! In my county they say up to 120 days and advise us not to even take our courses until AFTER we are approved since the approval only gives me 90 days to complete the course!

·
Registered
105 Posts
ScottyBiddle said:
I'm in Cincinnati. And in Hamilton county it took a total of a week for appointment and permit pick up. It wasn't too bad.
I just got the call that my permit is ready, took exactly one week for Hamilton county sheriffs office. Not too bad, im in Cincinnati as well.

·
أنا لست ارهابيا
75 Posts
Congrats. Man they sure take their sweet time doing those down there up here in NW Ohio it was two days to get it.... . Well congrats again ..

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Congrats loneranger! Be safe and train well.

It is nice when a Glock shows how it's done on target, isn't it! LOL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts