Paradox

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Brutane, May 31, 2012.

1. Brutane

Brutane New Member

Why does it seem that the sub compact models of Glocks all seem to be more accurate than their bigger brothers of the same caliber? It just doesn't make sense to me because a longer barrel combined with the larger full grip for improved control not to mention the larger mass giving less felt recoil should all equate to more accuracy but it seems to be the exact opposite. In one of his books Massad Ayoob says his 27 is more accurate than his 22 and he has shot literally hundreds of guns and probably broken a million in total round counts.

2. Colorado_Outdoorsman

Colorado_Outdoorsman New Member

I read somewhere that the smaller slides are stiffer thereby giving more accuracy.

3. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Common mythology is that it's the recoil springs, at least in the Gen2 & 3, where only the subs had the double spring. I asked the question one day when I was at Glock and that's what they think too.

4. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

I can attest that my G30's are More accurate than my G21's!

5. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

Dosent the 30 have a different rifling that makes it more accurate?

6. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

I had heard that once before and I checked then (Google Search) and did it again just now and can not find anything on it. You would think Glock would have it on their web page! Anybody else have anything on this?

7. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

You would think lol

8. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

All the 45acp Glocks (G21, 30, and 36) and the 45 GAPs have octagonal barrels while the rest of the calibers have hexagonal. There is no difference in the G21 and G30 barrels though.

9. cvitter

cvitter New Member

I tend to shoot better with my G19 than with my G34. Right now I chalk it up to the fact that I shoot right handed but am left eye dominant so I struggle sometimes with the tendency to shoot an inch or two left of center with many handguns. For me I think that the shorter sight picture of the G19 decreases the effect of my eye dominance issue when I am having trouble lining up my sight picture.

The G34 isn't actually less accurate at all. My groupings are perfectly good. It just exaggerates my weaknesses.

10. Glock897

Glock897 Member

I'd swear that my 26 is more accurate than my 19. I'll have to do a test.
    I should add that my 19 has had issues with bad ejections and FTE, FTF, and had to be sent to Glock Inc for repairs, so maybe that's the issue. Once I get it back, I will do an accuracy test on both.

11. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

I've not really noticed this. I've shot the sub-compact, compact, and full-size of almost every Glock, and this does not happen to me. I enjoy the larger version of the guns for more accuracy.

12. sawfiler

sawfiler New Member

ok this is reaching but could it have something to do with the pinky finger steering the larger grip pistols? I've noticed changing my pinky grip slightly really makes the muzzle move a lot. maybe it's just me but I have to be conscience of this.

13. Glock897

Glock897 Member

I use the extended grip so that's not the case with me.