Parade Float Help/Ideas

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ggill09, Sep 9, 2013.

1. ggill09

ggill09 New Member

So the Second Amendment organization I am apart of here at school is considering doing a float for our homecoming parade and I am supposed to come up with some ideas to pitch to everyone. I have NEVER done anything like this before. I was wondering if anyone had any experience like this at all, whether it was a pro-gun float or just one for the boy scouts, any advice, direction, pictures, etc would be helpful. I am really starting from scratch here so any advice is good advice at this point. Thanks for the help in advance everyone, hopefully I can get something good for our clubs next meeting. I think it would be awesome to do a second amendment float on a college campus, really stir things up around here.

2. geolson414

geolson414 New Member

I would suggest something like this. Then have someone pop up from the chamber and throw candy :)

image-2336968485.jpg

3. geolson414

geolson414 New Member

One of the members here knows who owns this, or knows of them. I can't remember who though

4. ggill09

ggill09 New Member

Thats awesome! I dont think that would go over real well on a college campus though. As much as I would love to, I prefer conversation not screaming matches.

5. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

Its a lot of work but maybe a giant bill of rights with the club logo/name on the skirt of the float. Its non confontational and it reminds people that we have rights that we need to protect and fight for.

6. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

A jumping off point:

ForumRunner_20130910_151632.png

7. geolson414

geolson414 New Member

I know, it was more of a joke. I was actually thinking along the same line as RROSS

In addition though, what about a flyer with a few statistics, and possibly information on an introduction to firearms class, free of charge, put on by the club. Some people don't like firearms because they have never had the chance to be around them. You could try and find a few local sponsors to help