Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Couldn't view the video, but great story. Two masked men, one with a gun and one swinging a bat busting things up, intended to intimidate at best or harm somebody at worst. Sounds like a justified shooting to me. Funny how when the scenario evens out, bad guys scurry like rats.

Any thoughts on caliber choice? We don't know where the shots were placed, but would the outcome be different if he was using a heavier caliber?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Don't come to Ocala messing folks!! This is just a few miles from where my house is. Pretty much everyone is armed in Ocala and a lot of retirees here that just don't play!
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,310 Posts
runman said:
Couldn't view the video, but great story. Two masked men, one with a gun and one swinging a bat busting things up, intended to intimidate at best or harm somebody at worst. Sounds like a justified shooting to me. Funny how when the scenario evens out, bad guys scurry like rats.

Any thoughts on caliber choice? We don't know where the shots were placed, but would the outcome be different if he was using a heavier caliber?
Runman,

Video is excellent. Funny you bring up caliber choice, and if the guy had a .45, things may have been much worse for the two goblins, but all I can say is that pocket .380 could have been a .44 magnum and those two punks could not have retreated faster! They were hauling butt like a scalded dog!

Goes to show the element of surprise, smart tactics, and proper mindset will serve you better than a pocket cannon and paralyzing fear.

That older guy was impressive. He probably should not have fired the last few rounds since the criminal scum was clearly in full retreat for parts unknown, but glad no charges will be filed.
 

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
Best F'ing video ever, I love them climbing over themselves trying to escape LOL.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
That will slow down their criminal activity. Great post.
 

·
GrassHopper
Joined
·
8,204 Posts
Watched it several times... If I may add my narration...

Robbers enter and begin intimidating victims.
Chair turns in background, "I've been expecting you".
The robbers book it out the door screaming profanities while they loose control of their bowels and bladders...
Man from the chair in the background shoots at them as they flee out the door, "and don't come back".
Victims celebrate!


Bravo, well done!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,115 Posts
My narration of the incident...

...While on vacation, Hickok45 heads to the nearest Internet cafe to upload his latest and greatest shooting videos (which you had better enjoy, by the way).

Upon seeing the miscreants enter the cafe armed and able to do harm, Hickok readies his pocket pistol and when the gun-toting would be gangsta is not looking, he commences to do battle.

Realizing they have chosen the wrong cafe to plunder, the big, bad gangstas hasten to exit the premises all the while stumbling over themselves in the most amusing manner...

Hats off to you civilian sheepdog! And yes, I know it was not Hickok45. But it's my imagination after all. ;)
 

·
just wants to watch the world burn.
Joined
·
1,021 Posts
Idk about Fl. But I was reading up on Ga. Laws and in a situation like that once the bad guy begins to retreat you are no longer allowed go use deadly force. Obviously. But it seemed like he kept shooting after they began retreating. Maybe its just me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
This is awesome!

The ol' guy was about 2 (max 3) yards out when he fired on the clown with the gun (00:35). I keep thinking that perp had an angel watching over him because had that been a .45 instead of a .380 or had Samuel Williams aimed for a headshot, Duwayne Henderson would be laid out in a pool instead of stumbling over his fool of an accomplice while running out.

Also at 00:35, notice how the perp's gun was pointed directly at the ol' guy! I hope they reward the guy with free lifetime internet cafe usage.

@g21redman: Agreed. It's hard to justify to a judge, if necessary, shooting into someone's back while they are in full retreat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Ive always wondered, if a perp is in full retreat but hes shooting at/towards you at the same time, can it still be justifed if you shoot and hit them....
In CA, hell yeah. For most states, I'm fairly certain justification is defined by overall actions, not just direction of travel. That is, if he's shooting at you, he's still presenting a serious threat that would justify use of lethal force regardless of where he was running.

"Retreat" is usually defined as stopping the deadly action or threat of deadly action. YMMV. KYSL.
 

·
Lead Farmer
Joined
·
2,882 Posts
ROYALE-W-CHEESE said:
In CA, hell yeah. For most states, I'm fairly certain justification is defined by overall actions, not just direction of travel. That is, if he's shooting at you, he's still presenting a serious threat that would justify use of lethal force regardless of where he was running.

"Retreat" is usually defined as stopping the deadly action or threat of deadly action. YMMV. KYSL.
Thats what i figured. Just always pondered about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
dutchs said:
Don't come to Ocala messing folks!! This is just a few miles from where my house is. Pretty much everyone is armed in Ocala and a lot of retirees here that just don't play!
I bet Dutchs goes there for some sweet gambling!!! I have to visit Ocala man... I really do! :-/
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top