Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Don't worry your not the only one. I think the tread just needs to be deleted and start over. There's just way way way tooo much stuff that needs to load and I dont think it's "functional" anymore. I've given up a long time ago trying to get into that thread.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah must be solar flares lol. But I used a paint marker to do mine. Is there really any difference to using nail polish? This was my first time doing it and I went with silver/gray. But starting to wonder it it would of turned out a little better with nail polish

·
Registered
479 Posts
engine5truck said:
Yeah must be solar flares lol. But I used a paint marker to do mine. Is there really any difference to using nail polish? This was my first time doing it and I went with silver/gray. But starting to wonder it it would of turned out a little better with nail polish
I used crayola and it looks A-OK to me.

Gadget Gun barrel Gun accessory Trigger Multimedia

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
I used crayola also on my OD Glocks, used a nice green color. Looks awesome, too bad i don't have any pics at moment. Maybe I'll take some pics a little later when I have better lighting.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys I just found a little trick that may help. You can paint letters a little easier this way. Well I found it pretty easy. What I did was I took a paint marker, went over the letter. Took a q tip and filled everything in and took off excess paint and then took a thin strip of duck tape over it and peeled it off. Kept doing it until got perfection. Only took about 5-6 swipes but worked out really well and didn't have to use nail polish remover or anything.

All you need is duck tape a paint marker and a q tip

So just take about a 3/4 inch wide by about 7-8 inches long and cover one part or it at a time and just keep applying until its all good. Took off all excess, and didn't leave any left over except for the needed area.

Let me know if u guys like that method.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
The duct tape sounds like a cool method. I"ll have to try that. What do you do about the "top coat" to protect from the chemicals and such.

Engine5, you may need a white "primer" coat to go on first for the silver to show up better.

D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What I did was used running alcohol to clean the surface an then applied a light coat of rubbin alcohol then remi oil and haven't had a probes turned out pretty good. I like this dark silver over white

1 - 12 of 12 Posts