Painter letters

Discussion in 'Glock Photos' started by engine5truck, Jul 15, 2012.

1. engine5truck

engine5truck New Member

For some reason I can't get in to the thread so here's what I just did. Painted letter on both sides and polished the slide release

Attached Files:

2. jsimion423

jsimion423 New Member

Don't worry your not the only one. I think the tread just needs to be deleted and start over. There's just way way way tooo much stuff that needs to load and I dont think it's "functional" anymore. I've given up a long time ago trying to get into that thread.

3. jsimion423

jsimion423 New Member

This is the same message I get on my phone or on the PC. So I give up.

Attached Files:

4. engine5truck

engine5truck New Member

Yeah must be solar flares lol. But I used a paint marker to do mine. Is there really any difference to using nail polish? This was my first time doing it and I went with silver/gray. But starting to wonder it it would of turned out a little better with nail polish

5. ROYALE-W-CHEESE

ROYALE-W-CHEESE New Member

I used crayola and it looks A-OK to me.

image-204611802.jpg

6. GastonGlock

GastonGlock New Member

I used crayola also on my OD Glocks, used a nice green color. Looks awesome, too bad i don't have any pics at moment. Maybe I'll take some pics a little later when I have better lighting.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  7. engine5truck

engine5truck New Member

Hey guys I just found a little trick that may help. You can paint letters a little easier this way. Well I found it pretty easy. What I did was I took a paint marker, went over the letter. Took a q tip and filled everything in and took off excess paint and then took a thin strip of duck tape over it and peeled it off. Kept doing it until got perfection. Only took about 5-6 swipes but worked out really well and didn't have to use nail polish remover or anything.

All you need is duck tape a paint marker and a q tip

So just take about a 3/4 inch wide by about 7-8 inches long and cover one part or it at a time and just keep applying until its all good. Took off all excess, and didn't leave any left over except for the needed area.

Let me know if u guys like that method.

8. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

The duct tape sounds like a cool method. I"ll have to try that. What do you do about the "top coat" to protect from the chemicals and such.

Engine5, you may need a white "primer" coat to go on first for the silver to show up better.

D

9. engine5truck

engine5truck New Member

What I did was used running alcohol to clean the surface an then applied a light coat of rubbin alcohol then remi oil and haven't had a probes turned out pretty good. I like this dark silver over white

10. engine5truck

engine5truck New Member

Final product. I haven't noticed any type of chemical reaction with the duck tape. After I used the alcohol just let it dried and tomorrow going to put the remi oil on it once it's all dried up.

Attached Files:

11. nail polish til it dried. then nail polish remover. slick and done in minutes

Attached Files: