Painted letter thread, lets see them.......

Discussion in 'Glock Photos' started by Mike P, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Lets see your Glocks with painted letters!

[​IMG]

This is the only one I have that I've done this to. Needs a little touching up after several thousand rounds. :cool:

2. I have thought of painting the ones on my polished 19 black

3. Here's a pic of mine. I like the white letters.

ForumRunner_20120130_181306.jpg

4. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

Did you use white-out or paint?

5. Fingernail polish. Pre clean with alcohol, dab on the polish.....before dry wipe excess of with NON acetone polish remover. May need multiple coats. My "G" around my Glock could use a little touch up but it's held up great after thousands of rounds and even one session of a 7 mag dump as fast as I could, needless to say she got a little hot on that one.;)

6. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks! Appreciate that,

7. You may notice a thin residual smear on the slide after wiping off the excess. Don't worry. Just move to a clean spot on the paper towel, re-dab with remover and wipe again. One thing I did learn was only wipe once per spot on paper towel before moving to fresh spot to keep from smearing around. Also don't worry about the letters being rubbed off. Even though you wipe over the top of them with a paper towel, the polish stays down in the letters.

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Looks good...haven't done mine yet !

9. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Here is mine. It is hard to tell in the picture, but the lettering is actually silver not white.

[​IMG]

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Makes those letters look "raised"...turned out nice !

11. erick kivi

erick kivi New Member

Had to be a little different

Attached Files:

12. Levelcross

Levelcross New Member

This is about a year old and is in need of a touch up, and is my every day carry at work.

Attached Files:

13. Gen4new-guy

Gen4new-guy New Member

Ive wanted to do this but have been a little worried. How do you remove it if its been there for a while? I might wanna trade up at some point and woukd be afraid that the local "purists" at the stores wouldknock me for it.

14. I saw one that was done with crayon it looked good at first but didnt hold up as well as the fingernail polish.

15. jimmyalbrecht

It wouldn't be hard to remove I'm sure, especially if you used fingernail polish. The fingernail polish remover would get it out if you just really doused a rag and applied it then used some fine point tool to get the polish out of the letters.

16. When I did mine I was wiping the excess with a soaked rag while the polish was wet/fresh and it did not remove it from tge lettering. I did redo one of the magazines after it was dry by using an old toothbrush soaked in polish remover and it took it right off.

17. Gen4new-guy

Gen4new-guy New Member

Sweet I might give this a shot later on today. Thinking white letter but ive always been a fan of gold :) .. Ots the brutha inside me I guess lol...

18. jimmyalbrecht

You can use either fingernail polish or automotive touch-up paint (what I used).

19. lauritzencl

lauritzencl New Member

Whatever the color...the contrast makes it pop!

20. Blackridge

Blackridge New Member

Hmmm good call on the fingernail polish approach, I tried ol' crayola on my G19 a while bacj and that... well... looked sh*tty IMO