Paddle holster

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by dstressman, Mar 27, 2012.

1. dstressman

dstressman New Member

I got a Fobus paddle holster ( for the 30 ), I like it for the price , anybody else have this holster ? what do you like/dislike

2. TXGlock19

TXGlock19 New Member

I have a paddle holster for my 26 - like very much.

3. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

I have one for my G23. Seems good for what it is. Mine has a retention screw that I had to adjust so I didn't have to yank the gun out.

I was a little worried about it scuffing the slide, but so far so good.

4. My paddle is a Blackhawk Serpa... love the little button deal. Toss up a review when you have had it for a little bit.

My only problem is that its gets a bit "wiggly". I prefer a miami rig, an ankle deal, an IWB or hopefullly my new MIC thats coming soon to a voo near you.

It all depends on what you are using it for I suppose.

5. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Here's my FOBUS for my 23 GEN 4

Attached Files:

6. cvitter

cvitter New Member

I have the Fobus GL2E2 Evolution Series Paddle Holster that I bought for my Gen 4 Glock 19. It is pretty good for the price (I paid less than $20) and on the plus side fits the range of 9mm Glocks from what I can tell (it fits both my 19 and 34 just fine). I found that you need to cinch down your belt a bit after donning the holster to make sure it doesn't come out when you draw (depends some on how much you tighten the retention screw obviously).

I do not use this as an EDC type of holster now though. I found that the holster could get a bit uncomfortable after sitting awhile in the car for example. I picked up an IWB Pro Carry HD from theholsterstore.net for not that much more that I find way more comfortable and the design makes almost as easy to don and dof as a paddle holster.

7. sgtglock

sgtglock New Member

I have a Blackhawk CQB paddle holster, the non- Sherpa holster. I use the paddle instead of the beltslide because it seems to carry closer to my side. That being said, I dont like paddles. I believe they're not as secure as belt loops. I'll tell a little story at risk of death if this gentleman finds out! I was running the qualification for the agency I used to work for. The BOSS never asked for favors and qualed along with everyone else. Well, the BOSS came to the line. His G22 was riding in a nice leather holster with a paddle back. When I gave the command to draw, he did. But its hard to fire when your sidearm is still safely in its holster! EVERYBODY there busted out laughing and I had to call a cease fire before there was bad accident. But the BOSS was a good sport about it and a valuable lesson was learned.

8. sgtglock

sgtglock New Member

After reading my post something was bugging me and I couldn't figure it out. Then it came to me. I don't like paddle holsters, yet I was using one. I didn't learn the lesson! So this morning I changed back to the beltslide attachment. Now, if you like a paddle, by all means use it. BUT PLEASE BE CERTAIN IT SECURES THE HOLSTER!!!

9. brannon67

brannon67 New Member

Yeah, I use a Fobus holster for my Glock 17, my Beretta PX-4 Storm now. I only use them at the range only. I use a IWB (N82 Tactical) for concealment.

10. thinkricky

thinkricky Member Supporter

I heard the plastic is really soft on the Fobus. From what I heard. I have a Blackhawk brand. $20. Great stuff.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  11. thinkricky

You don't have the hooks to put on the paddle to hook your belt?

I like it paddle For the same reason. And the hooks help a lot.

This is the same holster I am referring to in previous post.

12. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

+1 N82 Tactical Professional. Have one for my G23G4 :)

13. Augi

Augi New Member

I have a level 2 Serpa that like a lot. Actually,it is a PIA to get off. Once you get the belt hooks cleared, you still have to contend with the inner hook that grabs the fabric of your pants. At least the draw from the holster is secure. I've never had the holster budge when drawing the weapon. I also like that the release lever orientates your trigger finger properly.

14. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Blackhawk SERPA paddle holster FTW!!!!! More secure than the Fobus and easier on your gun's finish.

15. sgtglock

sgtglock New Member

Thinricky, I do have the hooks on it. But I still dont trust it not to come with the pistol wgen I draw! Old fears die hard, I guess. I'm going to make one with the loops that snap around my belt. Easyon, easyoff! In my mind, better than a paddle.

16. brannon67

brannon67 New Member

I found out they are great holsters for CC and IWB.

17. thinkricky

Hmm. I don't know then. My hooks are right where my belt is. Like right there... So my holster doesn't move at all.

18. ADulay

ADulay New Member

I've got a Fobus for both the G30 and the G34. (Both paddle type, not a belt type)

I don't see how you can worry about it being "yanked" off during a draw stroke.

I've done tests locally with having people try to yank the gun and the paddle holster off my belt.

Not gonna happen. And that's a paddle holster, not a belt holster.

However, when I go to take it off, it slides off nicely once you figure out how to do it.

I would not be concerned with "yanking the paddle holster off your belt" in any type of draw from it.

Also, the holster for the G30 fits the G34 but the specific G34 Fobus will not fit the G30. Just some trivia.

AD

19. desertchris

desertchris New Member

I have a tagua paddle for my g17 love it

20. zipper046

zipper046 Member Supporter

For a good cheap OWB paddle holster, Fobus is great. I have one for off-duty side jobs and it works fine. Retention is great and it won't go anywhere.

Also as testimony...when I was deployed to Iraq '03-'04 during ground war I was assigned to OGA ("other government agency") and had a Fobus for my M9. Worked great with no issues.

Z