Package from UPS either stolen or lost

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Shep482, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Shep482

Shep482 Well-Known Member Supporter

I ordered a magazine extension for my Rem 870 from Wilson Combat and UPS says delivered but I have nothing! Someone was home all day and they usually leave stuff on the back patio. I called them and they said driver left on front porch.
    My tracking says "other". UPS said sorry Charlie! And that I had to call the shipper. I called Wilson Combat and he was going to call UPS. It's not their fault. Makes me mad. Either it was stolen off my front porch or they delivered it to the wrong place. The best part is UPS offers proof by simply telling you they delivered it. Even the operator laughed at that. Thanks for letting me rant.

2. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

That would certainly tick me off!!!! The delivery drivers here, knock, put a sticky note on the door, put the package behind the bush, and leave.

3. laober

laober Member

My driver often leaves my stuff at my neighbors house, luckily my neighbor is honest. Nice to know some drivers know pay such close attention to detail!

4. Shep482

Weird thing is they have ALWAYS left stuff at back door. Including two days ago when they delivered 1000 rnds of ammo . It could have been stolen but I just think he dropped it at the wrong address, hopefully at my neighbor who sells Avon or something but shes not home right now so we'll see.

5. Tape

Tape New Member

could have been stolen which is very common, hope you find it good luck

6. Shep482

Update! Got a knock on the door last night from neighbor two houses down. Package was put on his front porch. Thank god for honest people. I will be calling ups today. I just want the driver to be aware of the mistake so he'll pay closer attention in the future.

7. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Glad it all worked out Shep!! Too bad it had to make you nuts for a day!!

8. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

That is good news indeed!

9. Levelcross

Levelcross New Member

Being delivered to the wrong address should have showed up on the scan for that package, as they deliver each package they have to scan them and list where it was left if no one is home.

Glad it worked out for you.

10. Shep482

Yeah according to ups it was left on "front porch". It was.. Just not my front porch. Overall they do a good job.

11. cdadler

cdadler New Member

Unfortunately it sounds like you had a fill in driver that day, still no excuse.

12. Tape

Tape New Member

yes but it only shows "delivered" and where it was placed, the driver doesn't do anything to the address nor does it input what address it was delivered too, they assume it is the address on the label. Anyway glad you received it.

13. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

14. Tape

Tape New Member

LOLOLOL nice find havasu

15. Shep482

16. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Your neighbor did a good job. Sounds like UPS was going to leave you high and dry since it was "delivered". I'd still call and give them a piece of my mind.

17. cdadler

cdadler New Member

UPS screwed up but they can't start a claim or trace until the "shipper" contacts then because they sent the pkg. the shipper paid the shipping so it's their pkg.