Glock Firearms banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had a handgun permit wasting away only thing though I did not have the money for a new handgun. I read about P80 builds and started to research them. And awhile back I purchased the serialized frame my state says I need and finally picked it up the other day. It will be awhile before I can purchase parts, which leaves plenty of time to find what I want.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I had a handgun permit wasting away only thing though I did not have the money for a new handgun. I read about P80 builds and started to research them. And awhile back I purchased the serialized frame my state says I need and finally picked it up the other day. It will be awhile before I can purchase parts, which leaves plenty of time to find what I want.
The P 80's are a quite a improvement on Gaston's idea of frame perfection,I predict you are going to enjoy it.

All of my Glocks with the exception of the G 44 are on Polymer 80 grip frames.

·
Low speed High drag
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
All parts are ordered! Rock Slide w/rmr cut and no slide cuts,glock trigger with lone wolff 3.5lb trigger kit,lone wolff threaded barrel,lone wolff upper parts kit with guide rod and spring, XS sights,and extended mag release by tango down and slide release....glock and take down lever frome hyve and mag release spring...glock.
So once everything is in and I'm not working ill put it together. Still need a few mags.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
All parts are ordered! Rock Slide w/rmr cut and no slide cuts,glock trigger with lone wolff 3.5lb trigger kit,lone wolff threaded barrel,lone wolff upper parts kit with guide rod spring, XS sights,and extended mag release by tango down and slide release....glock and take down lever frome hyve and mag release spring...glock.
So once everything is in and I'm not working ill put it together. Still need a few mags.
Did you order suppressor hight XS sights to work with your RMR,if so how did you determine the height required?

The reason I ask is I've built a similar set up and was told by a representative at Ameriglo, that the best method to get the correct height sights is to put the red dot on the gun and then measure and order accordingly.

·
Low speed High drag
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You figuring on a favorite load?
I'm preparing for true 10mm loads and +P. Im also prepared for 10mm thats more like a 40cal. Im thinking that the 17lb or the 20 is gonna be fine for most anything that isn't +P. Im still thinking about the Sprinco recoil management system just to see if it works to keep the frame from being beat to death. Im not confident it would help with recoil.
I tried to keep my costs down as much as I could until I know this P80 is gonna run in 10mm. If I ever break or crack the P80 frame. I can just buy a gen3 G21 and swap uppers. I wouldn't be worried about the frame if it wasn’t a 10mm.

·
Low speed High drag
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Did you order suppressor hight XS sights to work with your RMR,if so how did you determine the height required?

The reason I ask is I've built a similar set up and was told by a representative at Ameriglo, that the best method to get the correct height sights is to put the red dot on the gun and then measure and order accordingly.
No. Im not putting an rmr on for awhile. Im still waiting on glock to release a gen5 G40 and thats the gun im dumping money into...lol.
I need to find out what trijicon does as far as LEO discounts before I just go buy an rmr. I've heard its a pretty good discount.?
Anyone know of any other red dots that match an rmr cut ? On the P80 atleast for now I'd go with something cheaper it it would match up to my rmr slide cut.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I can't verify it as fact but my understanding is Holosun fits the RMR footprint spot on.

·
Premium Member
13,046 Posts
I'm preparing for true 10mm loads and +P. Im also prepared for 10mm thats more like a 40cal. Im thinking that the 17lb or the 20 is gonna be fine for most anything that isn't +P. Im still thinking about the Sprinco recoil management system just to see if it works to keep the frame from being beat to death. Im not confident it would help with recoil.
I tried to keep my costs down as much as I could until I know this P80 is gonna run in 10mm. If I ever break or crack the P80 frame. I can just buy a gen3 G21 and swap uppers. I wouldn't be worried about the frame if it wasn’t a 10mm.
What are we calling 10mm +P? 135gr @ 1600 FPS?

·
Low speed High drag
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I'm still waiting on a few parts. Im also looking for a glock frame for the build. I just want a backup.
I started at the Sheriff's Office and have been working almost every single day. Alot of things have gotten pushed aside until I can get some days off.

·
Low speed High drag
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I'm waiting on my slide,barrel,take down lever,and thats it. Barrel should be here this week along with the take down lever. Slide is unknown? They sent me a tracking number, but it hasn't shipped yet.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
For those who maybe interested in building a P 80 you won't find a better price on a P 80 full size frame.

Christmas Continues with FULL SIZE frames - $99 with code "FREEDOM LOVERS"

all caps and with the space

PF940v2 FRAME

THIS ITEM WILL NOT SHIP TO: New Jersey This Item is NOT Eligible for return The PF940v2™ is compatible with components for 3-pin 9mm G17, 34, 17L; .40S&W G22, 35, 24; and .357Sig G31.

https://80pbuilder.com

courtesy of Marine Gun Builder,Merry Christmas Patriots!!

·
Low speed High drag
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
So I finally got some time off! I've been messing around with the p80 pf45 and ran into problems. Everything I ordered that was from lone wolff were off! I'm not sure if they sent the right parts but none worked right. Once I started replacing the parts with oem glock parts things started to work. I got a feed/slide issue and the mag occasionally drops after a few rounds.
I'm sure they're both spring related and I got some new springs on the way.

If I had it to do over again...I'd just buy a glock g20 and call it done....lol

·
Legitimate Combatant
3,830 Posts
Everything I ordered that was from lone wolff were off! I'm not sure if they sent the right parts but none worked right. Once I started replacing the parts with oem glock parts things started to work.

If I had it to do over again...I'd just buy a glock g20 and call it done....lol
Don't feel bad I am right there with ya!
I had a Lone Wolff upper & lower parts kits.
Almost everything needing some loving. :(

Channel liner was out of spec.
Striker needed .006 honing, would not release from cruciform.
Armorers plate verified this issue.
Extractor plunger screwed up, Cerokote slide issues with bored hole too.
Plunger & spring okay, bearing was too long it needed help.
Safety plunger spring did not seat deep enough in plunger.
Reaming plunger bore corrected this issue.
Trigger bar portion that depresses safety plunger needed to be reformed, angle wrong.
Ejector housing post travel adjustment had to be removed.
Extended slide release spring not formed correctly, not locking on empty mag.

Lone Wolff barrel had no issues. ;)
They have got this one right!

It does have a 4.5lb trigger pull @ this time. ;)
This is not too shabby by any means.
More range time before I "pin" for pre-travel reduction. :rolleyes:

Would I have just purchased a G21? o_O
Hell no, it was too much fun playing with all the parts! :D

·
1,414 Posts
I wonder how much they tested the P80 PF45 in 10mm? Full 10mm loads or 10mm in +P is a really hot round. Im wondering if i should use a sprinco guide rod system not to reduce recoil,but to try and keep the gun from getting beat to death?. Im hoping i can get away with a few different guide rods with spring weights ranging from 20lbs-22lbs depending on how hot of a round im using.
Im also thinking i should use a solid slide with no cut outs other than for an rmr. Hopefully the weight will slow the slide down?
Gonna have to put some thought into this build.
I built a 20 long slide and have never had a problem.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts