Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
I'll bite sort of, just got my first ever I phone but have not taken pictures as of yet,so I haven't a clue how to post photos of my 4 builds.

The most helpful informative information can be located on Marine Gun Builders web site, or I should say it helped me greatly.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcjXVdZEeD89PTNYkMNzKww/videos

He does have a touch of OCD but when it comes to building guns that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Reactions: Olga17 and Greywood

·
Registered
731 Posts
Reactions: Danzig

·
Glockin’ since 1993
34,890 Posts
I'll bite sort of, just got my first ever I phone but have not taken pictures as of yet,so I haven't a clue how to post photos of my 4 builds.

The most helpful informative information can be located on Marine Gun Builders web site, or I should say it helped me greatly.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcjXVdZEeD89PTNYkMNzKww/videos

He does have a touch of OCD but when it comes to building guns that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Hit “upload a file” tab when posting. That should let you bring up your photos to post.

·
Low speed High drag
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder how much they tested the P80 PF45 in 10mm? Full 10mm loads or 10mm in +P is a really hot round. Im wondering if i should use a sprinco guide rod system not to reduce recoil,but to try and keep the gun from getting beat to death?. Im hoping i can get away with a few different guide rods with spring weights ranging from 20lbs-22lbs depending on how hot of a round im using.
Im also thinking i should use a solid slide with no cut outs other than for an rmr. Hopefully the weight will slow the slide down?
Gonna have to put some thought into this build.

·
Low speed High drag
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
P80 arrived today. I like the feel and look of the frame. The 1st issue I've run in to is finding a trigger housing. I need a gen4 g20sf trigger housing and they're sold out everywhere.
20201201_204638.jpg

·
Registered
731 Posts
I need one for the 20sf. I found 1 and paid way more than I should have for it. Its at most a 10 dollar part.
Yes,in normal times, if someone has it in stock anything/price goes.

Example 047021 ejector for gen 5 G 19 X or any Gen 9 mm,6 months ago 13.00 to 14.00 dollars,now 50.00 to 60.00 if you can even locate one.

Reactions: Greywood

·
Low speed High drag
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes,in normal times, if someone has it in stock anything/price goes.
Your right. I've been looking for a few days and couldn't find one. So I jumped on the 1st one I saw. When my wife sees the CC bill she is gonna murder me! Ill give it a week or 2 before I buy anything else...lol

·
Legitimate Combatant
2,817 Posts
I was lucky to find a upper & lower parts kit for the G21 on ebay for like $160.

All parts are very hard to find now.
The simplest things are sold out without a back order option.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Your right. I've been looking for a few days and couldn't find one. So I jumped on the 1st one I saw. When my wife sees the CC bill she is gonna murder me! Ill give it a week or 2 before I buy anything else...lol
When I did my last P 80 in May things that were a easy purchase were starting to disappear and things have only gotten worse.

"When my wife sees the CC bill she is gonna murder me! Ill give it a week or 2 before I buy anything."

I got rid of mine 20 years back and things couldn't be better since, the only thing liminateing me is my bank account.

Good Luck with the wife.

Reactions: Olga17 and Greywood

·
Low speed High drag
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When I did my last P 80 in May things that were a easy purchase were starting to disappear and things have only gotten worse.

"When my wife sees the CC bill she is gonna murder me! Ill give it a week or 2 before I buy anything."

I got rid of mine 20 years back and things couldn't be better since, the only thing liminateing me is my bank account.

Good Luck with the wife.
I think I can squeeze this CC bill by her with 0 to min conflict...atleast I hope so.
I just gotta be super nice and kiss her a$$ without her knowing why...lol
I can't really complain about her. She is great and gives me the world. I wouldn't have what I do without her.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I think I can squeeze this CC bill by her with 0 to min conflict...atleast I hope so.
I just gotta be super nice and kiss her a$$ without her knowing why...lol
I can't really complain about her. She is great and gives me the world. I wouldn't have what I do without her.
I'm glad you did better with yours than I did with mine, just my luck so to speak.

·
Legitimate Combatant
2,817 Posts
20200310_231451.jpg

First P80 build.
Everything that could go wrong did, Murphy's Law all the way.
Defective MIM extractor, brass to face ejection or should I say casings down my coveralls.
Cycling issues all the way through.
Compensator would not run.
Granted swapping a few parts cost a little but the learning behind it was worth it.

Now it is a monster.
Cycles well, runs on cheap ammo too.

·
Super Moderator
69,916 Posts
Congrats Olga. It looks badass!!!!
Glad you got the problems worked out and it's running good for you.

·
Registered
731 Posts
View attachment 232669
First P80 build.
Defective MIM extractor, brass to face ejection or should I say casings down my coveralls.
Granted swapping a few parts cost a little but the learning behind it was worth it.

Now it is a monster.
Very nicely executed !

Reactions: Olga17

·
Low speed High drag
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
S
View attachment 232669
First P80 build.

Now it is a monster.
Very nice!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Reactions: Danzig
1 - 20 of 39 Posts