Glock Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my local gun shop picking up some rounds for my G-30sf. I asked if I could shoot 230gr. +P rounds through my Glock. I was told +P rounds could damage my Glock. If anyone could share their knowledge on this subject, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I shoot +p in all of mine. In fact that is what is standard issue in my duty weapon which is a glock. Just mark it up as another "salesman" that has no clue

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
I shoot Ranger T +P's in my G21 all the time. They are still SAAMI tested by Winchester, and really aren't that much over stock factory specs. My memory is bit blurry, but I think base factory pressure is around 21,000, and the +P's come in at around 23,000. That would be a 230 GR, moving at 980fps, test fired out of a 5" SAAMI barrel. The G21 Gen4 handles them fine. +P is just a term for over standard pressure, it pays to check how much over pressure the ammunition actually is before you decide to shoot it, because +P is just an arbitrary amount, and has no real definition in itself.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I carry135 grain +p in my 19 and have shot it on multiple occasions. Zero problems or damage to my 19. Now for practice and a lot of range time I avoid popping off a lot of +p and stick to 147 grain federal.

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
I have shot many +P out of mine, with no issues.

·
Lead Farmer
2,882 Posts
As from what i was told glock barrels are able to handle +p ammo, ive shot it just fine out of a .45 and .40 glock.

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
Glock handguns are pretty well built. You shouldn't have any problems at all shooting +P ammo out of them at all.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Yup been shooting +P's out of my G21's and G30's for years with no problems! I have no idea where that bum scoop got started but I too have heard it at gun shops!

·
Premium Member
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the feed back. I knew I could count on forum members for the truth.

·
Registered
63 Posts
LeadCatcher311 said:
this...

i've had people tell me the same thing and then i go to a different store where there is a more knowledgeable sales staff... they IMO deserve my bussiness
Not exactly sure what you're getting at here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts