Glock Forum banner

+P+ bullets

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Webphisher 
#1 ·
The one on the left is the FMJ bullets my vendor is supplyng me for my glock19. I have tried 124gr hollow point bullets before but this is the first time I bought a +P+ bullets. Now my question is it safe for our glocks? What are the pros and cons of +P+ bullets over the 124gr ones? I intend to use it for home defense since they told me it packs more punch. I'd like to hear your opinions. Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
The advantage of +P+ is it is a hotter round. The Federal 9BPLE has good street cred and has been around for a fairly long time. The disadvantages are, possibility of over penetration and increased recoil. Unless you are a very well seasoned shooter forget about double tapping somebody with it, which defeats some of the advantage 9 has over other calibers.

#6 ·
I've shot +p+ and as stated it has a lot more pop... Just see what you think. I would rather just go .40 I think. Or a regular 9 to keep shot count up. It's just much more snappy IMO... I'm interested to hear what others think though. There is nothing wrong with it at all! My good friend carries +p and shoots well with it

#8 ·
The only thing I've read from Glock is that they dont recommend feeding it a steady diet of +P as some components may wear out early. Recoil springs mainly. Other than that the letter I read, which I believe was posted somewhere on this site, said you should be alright.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.