Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use +P ammo in their Glock(s)? If so, has there been any problems? What caliber do u shoot in +P?

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Yes, I have shot Remington Golden Saber .45ACP 185grain +p ammo through my

G30SF with no problems and great accuracy !

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
9mm +p is very common for self defense rounds

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I've heard a lot about .40 expanding. Has anyone shot .40 in +P? What's the actual purpose of a +P round? Sorry for all the questions, I just need some info before I indulge.

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
In general, the purpose of a +P cartridge is to get a higher velocity for a given bullet weight than a standard pressure cartridge.

·
Banned
258 Posts
SHOOTER13 said:
In general, the purpose of a +P cartridge is to get a higher velocity for a given bullet weight than a standard pressure cartridge.
How is this achieved? Smaller bullet with more charge mixture? I know about the p ammo, I'm just curious of how they get the extra ummph out of it.

·
Banned
258 Posts
Anyone? :)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm thinking same bullet different powder, but I've been wrong before.....

·
Banned
636 Posts
Ok I've heard a lot about .40 expanding. Has anyone shot .40 in +P? What's the actual purpose of a +P round? Sorry for all the questions, I just need some info before I indulge.
How is this achieved? Smaller bullet with more charge mixture? I know about the p ammo, I'm just curious of how they get the extra ummph out of it.
Im curious about this as well.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
No . 40 +P. The .40 round is already fully loaded. If you can find .40 +P ammo, don't shoot it in your Glock. Glock barrels are not designed for that much pressure.

I shoot 9mm 147gr +P without any problems.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I have shot Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P without any issues.
Not that I shoot it all the time, but have shot plenty to believe in it.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
The only +P 40cal I am familiar with is Buffalo Bore, and they specifically say to not shoot it in a Glock due to the chamber not being fully supported. There are aftermarket barrels like Lonewolf that have a fully supported chamber though.

That said, I have never fired a +p 40cal, I am not an engineer, I am not a gunsmith, nor a firearms expert so I have no idea if that is really safe or not.

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
bhale187 said:
The only +P 40cal I am familiar with is Buffalo Bore, and they specifically say to not shoot it in a Glock due to the chamber not being fully supported. There are aftermarket barrels like Lonewolf that have a fully supported chamber though.

That said, I have never fired a +p 40cal, I am not an engineer, I am not a gunsmith, nor a firearms expert so I have no idea if that is really safe or not.
I shot BB out of my 29 with no problems at all. But then again, the Glock 10mm barrel is fully supported. Talk about some hot stuff though. Jesus.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Yeah, like I said. If you can EVEN find .40 +P. Don't shoot it in your Glock. Or do shoot it and send us some pics from the ER of your hands looking like hamburger meat. Yummy!

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
I shot BB out of my 29 with no problems at all. But then again, the Glock 10mm barrel is fully supported. Talk about some hot stuff though. Jesus.
BB makes some impressive rounds. I've been thinking of getting some for my keltec P3AT .380

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
bhale187 said:
BB makes some impressive rounds. I've been thinking of getting some for my keltec P3AT .380
I'm not so sure I would trust a kel tec for BB loads. Buddy of mine when I was in the service put some DT through his and it blew out the trigger pin, magazine, and magazine catch.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
I'm not so sure I would trust a kel tec for BB loads. Buddy of mine when I was in the service put some DT through his and it blew out the trigger pin, magazine, and magazine catch.
BB tested their 380 +Ps in the Keltec. I don't plan to use it at the range or anything, just a mag full of them for carry.

Was it a kaboom, a squib, or just firing the round(s) that caused the problem with the DT?

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
bhale187 said:
BB tested their 380 +Ps in the Keltec. I don't plan to use it at the range or anything, just a mag full of them for carry.

Was it a kaboom, a squib, or just firing the round(s) that caused the problem with the DT?
It was a kaboom. Kinda crazy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts