Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new here. Hope I'm posting in the correct area, I have a p80 19 trigger function seems to work fine with slight down pressure on the slide, however lift a little and it seems like the striker fires when trying reset, any ideas would be greatly appreciated

·
Glockin’ since 1993
40,904 Posts
Someone should be about on your issue.
Welcome to the forum from North Texas!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guys I think I have it figured out. I took the slide cover off to check for sear/striker engagement, it was barely catching so I heated bent a little and seems to function properly no matter if pushing or lifting the slide . If there may be anything else to check please let me know

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Guys I think I have it figured out. I took the slide cover off to check for sear/striker engagement, it was barely catching so I heated bent a little and seems to function properly no matter if pushing or lifting the slide . If there may be anything else to check please let me know
That was indeed your issue,I always test for striker engagement with a full magazine,loaded with snap caps, learned that trick from Johnny Glock in one of his videos.
Congrats on your deduction of the problem.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
If you happen to have a spare laying around you can take a Dremel to the lower portion and make a armors back plate also.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Nice work looks like a Serpico trigger,I like them because of their improved geometry and their very short reset.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts