OWB leather holster opinions

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by cmaden78, Jul 16, 2013.

1. cmaden78

cmaden78 New Member

I have a glock 19 and looking for good leather OWB holster that conceals pretty good and holds the gun tight against the body. With summer 1/2 way over and fall approaching I want to switch from IWB to OWB. I've looked at High Noon, and Galco and some from a company called Simply Rugged

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2013
  2. cmaden78

cmaden78 New Member

High Noon holsters looked a little bulky and I have a Galco Royal Guard for IWB carry and wasn't impressed with it. I'm looking to get rid of it if anyone is interested. It is the horsehide with rough side out. It's a good quality holster just doesn't conceal well for my body type.

3. Thesarge

Thesarge "The Sarge"

The High Noon Slide Guard is my recommendation. High Noon is not bulky and their OWB holsters are sleek. Just enough leather in the right places and no extra. The holster design conforms to the body. Bill

4. ldp4570

ldp4570 New Member

5. gc1400

gc1400 New Member

Kramer makes really nice holsters.

6. Mikezglock17

Mikezglock17 New Member

I just picked this up tonight. Nice fit and feel on the belt. $19.00

Attached Files:

7. ZombieNinja

ZombieNinja New Member

Another option, Don Hume. I love this thing for the 19.
    It has lasted forever and is old and worn out now but it's so comfortable. I drilled a tiny hole and put a rivet in it to tighten back up some. Just prolonging buying another I suppose.

8. hallstar606

hallstar606 Member

Bianchi is good too for leather

9. That's a good idea!

Gould & Goodrich, TTGunleather, Galco, and High Noon are good choices.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  10. jctyler3

jctyler3 Member

I like Kramer, I've used them for many years, and they just became a vendor here and are offering a 15% discount for Glock Forum members.

11. SMARKRAGE

SMARKRAGE Member

I use then when not in need of my black hawk serpa.

Gould & Goodrich B802 Two Slot Pancake Holster - Glock 23

Attached Files:

12. pbill1014

pbill1014 New Member

How much did that run you

13. SMARKRAGE

SMARKRAGE Member

It was like 50 bucks. I've had it for 2 yrs. love it

14. cmaden78

cmaden78 New Member

Has anyone had any expierence with the pancake style holsters with the belt loops that snap on instead o threading the holster through the belt?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  15. Thesarge

Thesarge "The Sarge"

Yes, I alternate between the High Noon Slide Guard and The Snapper, which has the belt loops that attach with snaps. The Snapper works extremely well and holds the pistol close to the body and does not sag out. The Slide Guard is sleeker in profile and does hold the pistol slightly closer to the body. The thing with The Snapper is it is very quick on and off, you can position it any where on the belt, and it has the same comfort as a leather belt slide and maybe more so. I can say that holsters of the belt loop snap design that are cheaply made and ill designed do not work well. Bill