OWB Holster for Concealed Carry

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by Dan75719, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Dan75719

Dan75719 New Member

I am looking for a good OWB holster that is good for concealed carry. I have an IWB Galco Kingtuk that I love, but for some pants I have to wear it is not always the most comfortable to have IWB. I want something that is still good for concealed carry, rides a little high in case my shirt comes up, keeps the weapon close to the body, and has minimal printing. I have been looking at the Galco Paddle Lite holster, the Fobus Standard Holster, and a couple of the Tagua holsters. I also looked at the Blackhawk Serpa CQC, but I have heard that is not good for concealed carry. Does anyone have any experience with any of these holsters I listed or have other suggestions?

It is for a Glock 19.

2. Daveberg

Daveberg New Member

Have you checked out Comp Tac's OWB holsters? I use the paddle for IDPA. Its seems to meet all your needs. Maybe some others who've used it for concealed carry can give their experiences.

3. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

4. 10mil

10mil Is That a .40....nope its a 10MM!

GA
    I just got the blackhalk....with the paddle i didn't conceal it yet just cause we have open carry here and i wanted to try it. But with the belt loop plate in it seems easy to conceal. I love the draw on it! Thou Im still not comfortable with open carry

5. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

+1 for MikeP conceals really good for OWB.

Attached Files:

6. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

Another vote for Mike P. the holster stays close to the body and distributes the wait. You can also order loops to attach to it and use it as an IWB holster.

Attached Files:

7. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

These holsters look real interesting to me but I dont really understand em exactly. Is there any pics of them being worn? Where does the belt go through? How do clips attach for IWB?

8. Dan75719

Dan75719 New Member

Ash1012 or Glockmaster...can you post pictures of that same holster from the back? I saw that holster on the website, but am not sure how it attaches (belt slots or clips).

9. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

Clips. You can also order leather loops for IWB use. They attach to the front of the holster.

Attached Files:

10. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

11. I ordered my holster from MikeP @ Defensive Holsters last Monday and received it In the mail on Saturday! Excellent holster with great retention. I ordered it for my G21 and it fits like a glove. Bonus was it fits and retains my G23 almost as good, so I can swap guns easily, no need to change holsters.

Attached Files:

12. jonm61

jonm61 New Member